X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Walk in the Gardens

Thirteenth Day of the Third Moon,
    Twenty-First Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of a Memorial Walk in the Gardens.

A small group was brought together by a public invitation from ser Ra'Dorcha, Patron of the Society of Rememberers. On the evening of the seventh day of this moon, people gathered by the fountain the Inner Bailey courtyard before being led to some often-overlooked features in the Royal Gardens.

The aim of the walk was twofold. Firstly to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us and secondly to commemorate one specific Rememberer. The Rememberers are the second oldest of the Outer Bailey guilds, formed approximately two hundred years ago. The Faith of Natura Balanus is the earliest group still in existence. Sera Katherine was the first Rememberer of these Awakenings to be elevated to the aristocracy with the intrinsic rank of Courtier. Ser Ra'Dorcha revealed, "… she was known to take barefoot walks through the garden, it seemed to all sort of connect together."

Leading the group past the trellis which separates the Royal Gardens from the courtyard, ser Ra'Dorcha pointed out the flames which burn on each side of it. "I began to feel that many of us rush through our lives and miss or forget all the little details that add beauty to our lives." Indicating the silver arch, he said, "Many of us have traveled through the archway as to have forgotten just how hidden it is, there in the shade of those trees. "

The "orb of memories" was brought to the attention of those present. "As with all remembering but especially that which is caused by magic, it is important to not let oneself get lost in the past. Those memories are there to teach us they are a guide, not a destination. … Some memories are those we share. Others we hold close to ourselves. But this orb seems to focus on the more positive." He posed the question, "The vastness of this garden can at times be daunting. When you look out, do you see a barren wasteland of loneliness or do you see a glistening landscape of mystery frozen in perfection?"

There was discussion about the origin of the large tree, decorated with candles, in the garden and suggestions it may have come from a long-forgotten Yule celebration. Also mentioned was the tree which is home to fairies who give cakes to passers-by. When asked if there was a story to the Yule tree, ser Ra’Dorcha noted, "There are many secrets within this garden. Too many to cover in just one walk."

The walk came to a close with frosty treats obtained by Lady Charmiam from the strange sculpture in the northeastern section of the garden. Ser Ra'Dorcha promised that there would be more guided walks in the future.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court

Mistress Tine
    Royal Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X