Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astrology Zodiac and Symbolism: Meanings Written Among the Stars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrology Zodiac and Symbolism: Meanings Written Among the Stars.

Thirteenth Day of the Third Moon,
    Twenty-First Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain with the will of Her Majesty, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Astrology Zodiac and Symbolism: Meanings Written Among the Stars.

On the Twenty Seventh Day of the Second Moon in the Lecture Hall of the Outer Bailey, Ser Mitsuko held a lecture on the topic of astrology. He opened his lecture by stating, "Through centuries of trial, error, and success, the people who watched and studied the stars ... learned the meanings for the passing of celestial bodies through the constellations. They observed and noted their observations down." This was a quote made from a book, Astrology - Constellations and their Symbols, written by Namida Elswyth, a member of the Winter Court.

He went on to explain the process of astrological observations is not a solo act. They take time, patience, and even walking in the foot prints of those that have came before you, to advance. Ser Mitsuko further explained, "Constellations tell a story -- within a context. That context is our very life and history, and the lives and contexts of people we may not actually know personally. This is why it takes study and an open mind. Several different fields converge within astrology -- though sometimes, it can be mistaken as having some sort of power over events, like some sort of hedge magic field. I do not propose that astrology can predict or determine fate. Rather, it is almost like a sounding board. A reflection of what we look for and seek."

As the lecture continued, he mentioned that his particular focus of study has been on the Avalonian Gardens which are in the Inner Bailey. To this day, there have been nearly fifty constellations that have been found and identified. There is even a constellation in the form of Her Majesty's Cerulean Tri-Flame. He then mentioned that constellations can take on many forms and interpretations, "The problem is, well, there is also the constellation of what looks like a Knightly Chicken, to which I have no immediate reference or context of, and so would have no idea what it might mean to someone. One of the challenges that I think the next part of this process would entail is the investigation of what these symbols might mean, specifically, to the overall populace and the Keep's history."

He ended his lecture by allowing the denizens to observe some of the constellations that were formed on charts, books, and a contraption called a astrolabe.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.
    In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;.

Caedus Bane
    Junior Chronicler
    ser Caedus Bane
    - Junior Chronicler
    - Junior Librarian
    - Unbound Student of the Sorcery Project
Working...
X