Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

Amuruu the Mountain Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amuruu the Mountain Attacks

Twenty-Fifth Day of the Fourth Moon,
    Twenty-First Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the account of
    Amuruu the Mountain Attacks.

On the sixteenth day of the fourth moon, in the early evening, the expected fourth Prime Elemental appeared in the form of a towering, menacing minotaur. He had the legs and head of a bull with massive horns, the chest and arms of a man, and was covered in sleek fur marred by countless battle scars. He had a muscular body, a braided grey beard, and only one large black eye. It was later revealed that a talon had blinded his right eye. He wore only a pair of iron bracers and loincloth and carried a long, heavy wooden war-club.

Sera Filusae described the visitor as a big, burly handsome being with huge horns, a beard and a good voice. She reported that he spoke of Balance, Elements and bad mages and introduced himself as the Prime Earth Elemental, Amurru the Mountain. The appearance of the Earth elemental came only one day after the Water elemental, Nerina the Protector of the Seas, arrived.

"The Earth remembers," he said as recalled by sera Yolanda who said he was much more thoughtful than many of the others.

Sera Diana shared, "He was indeed charming in his words and his voice, and a magnificent being to behold. And he explained things as they are with no need or reason to deceive us. He will violently hinder anyone who prevents the use of the Philosopher's Stone, as it is the key to restoring the balance of the Elementals. He described how like a coin toss, one element would hold sway over another, and the coin may fall this way or that. But with such a stone being enforced, the Stone takes in the magic, then spreads it out evenly ... restoring balance to all."

Four Prime Elementals, Megaera the Wrathful, Charnus the Warbringer, Nerina the Stormbringer and Amurru the Mountain, have been summoned here by the Triangle. The Triangle's Alchemist Haylee, pulled them through the wards protecting Castle Marrach from outside invasions. One theory is that they are also here because the Elemental Fae realm is on the brink of Chaos. They need the Philosopher's Stone to redress the imbalance and restore their world. As sera Yolanda stated, "The Elementals don't care who creates the Stone or what use it is put to. It seems it can't exist long in any world, absorbing elemental forces and righting the Balance of the Elemental Realm is a side-effect of its creation."

The Mountain did not mark any of those present and did not ask for followers, but two days later, he appeared again in the courtyard. This time he issued an ultimatum, calling for the dragon, Rhumielle. "… produce this dragon, and let Amurru have her word that the essence will be granted. Do this and Amurru will stand aside, and let mortals battle one another."

As he strode his thick hooves over the pavement of the courtyard, Amurru threatened, "Two days you have. Or Amurru will do as the Summoner has asked." The minotaur then turned a dull ashen grey as his figure became as dirt and crumbled into dust, leaving no trace of its former presence behind.

Two days later the Prime Earth Elemental did attack the Under Bailey. At this stage, little is known about what transpired. It is understood that the dragon was not surrendered and that there were injuries among members of the Conclave.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Tine
    Chronicler of the Court

Mistress Tine
    Royal Chronicler of the Court
    Squire to Sir Edstave
    Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri
Working...
X