Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - The Office of the Gaol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Office of the Gaol

Ninth month, fourteenth day
    Year Four of the Recent Awakenings

The Office of the Gaol

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Office of the Gaol.

The Office of the Gaol, commonly referred to as 'the Gaol,' was responsible for the care of the dungeons, prisons, and the prisoners held within. As part of Chancery, they were responsible to His Excellency, Lord Boreas; the Lord Justicar, Lord Gracien; and the Lord Provost, Sir Petris. Sir Petris was later replaced by the newly-knighted Sir Vestio.

The gaol consisted of the Sheriff and those who assist him, called deputies. There were different levels of deputization: Nickel, Copper and Steel.

During the Nickel stage (where the deputy wears a nickel badge), a deputy was trained in the Capitulary, Teanga, and hand to hand combat. They assisted the elder deputies with their job.

In the Copper stage (denoted by the copper badge), the deputy was given keys and a blade. They began to interact with prisoners on the dungeon level and perform their duties actively.

In the final stage, where the deputy had proven they are trustworthy and comfortable in their duties, they were made full deputies of the Gaol, denoted by the steel deputy badge. They were then taught how to restrain prisoners and are given access to the prisons.

Gaol deputies were often mistaken with Deputies of the Winter Watch, who also wear deputy badges. The easiest way to tell the badges apart was by examining the creatures engraved upon them. The Gaol’s animal was the Badger, while the Winter Watch’s animal was the Ermine.

During the early months of the Seventh Year of Recent Awakenings, the gaol was disbanded along with the Winter Watch, coming together to form the Castle Sentry. The Castle Sentry has adopted the duties of the Winter Watch and the gaol.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Ser Darcy
    Junior Chronicler

Updated the ninth day of the Ninth moon,
    Sera Euphelia Noronos
    Junior Chronicler
    Last edited by Jerisa; 09-09-2006, 11:55 AM.
Working...
X