• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Offices of Chancery

Tenth month, third day
    Year Four of the Recent Awakenings

The Offices of Chancery

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Assistant Chronicler, I hereby submit an explanation of the offices of Chancery.

The offices of Chancery within Castle Marrach help administrate law, justice and honour. Some parts of the offices of Chancery are well known: Prosecution and the Inquisition, for instance. Other parts are less known: The Gaol. (For information on the Gaol, please see the previously written Office of the Gaol chronicle).

The offices within Chancery are:
    Prosecution
    Gaol
    Inquisition
    Court of Honour

Each office has a person responsible for its members. The Royal Provost Sir Vestio is responsible for the Gaol, Lady Valeria leads the Prosecution, the Inquisitor Major Sir Viceran leads the Inquisitors, and three Masters of Honour, Sirs Anselm, Bernier and Dame Petronille oversee the Court of Honour. The Lord Justicar Lord Gracien and Adjunct-Prosecutor Mistress Ageelia remain outside of the internal offices of Chancery.

Mistakenly listed was an Office of the Scribes, led by Mistress Valora. The Scribes fall under the Office of the Prosecution.

All branches and members of Chancery are responsible to His Excellency, Lord Chancellor Boreas.

The Offices of Chancery do not provide an office dedicated to the defense of accused criminals. Its easy to assume that Chancery would provide this service, as Chancery is responsible for the justice system. However, according to the previous Adjunct-Prosecutor, Mistress Gretchan, the accused has no rights. If they are allowed an advocate, its a privilege. Thus, Chancery does not have an office dedicated to advocacy.

The Offices of Chancery have come into use after the new awakenings at various times. The Office of the Prosecution has been working for nearly two years. The others have been staffed and re-introduced to the Castle in the last two years, excluding the Court of Honour, which has been in function since the New Awakenings.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Ser Darcy
    Assistant Chronicler
    Last edited by Ria; 01-15-2005, 10:39 AM.

I might add to this that I am Liaison for the Court of Honor. Should anyone of the Outer Baily, especially, wishing to contact the Court of Honor about any matter should seek myself before contacting the Masters of the Court.

Thank You,
    Squire Hannah
    Equerry to Lady Hieronyma
    Adjunct-Prosecutor (Acting)
    Master Jeweler

Comment

Working...
    X