X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Death of the Basilisk

Fifth Moon, Seventeenth Day Year Five of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Death of the Basilisk.

For moons the basilisk slithered its way through the halls of our beloved castle. Though it was captured and held in an attempt to find a cure for the frozen Handmaiden Isaria, it managed to escape. On the Fifteenth day of the Fourth Moon, ser Marsal and sera Brighde encountered the basilisk on the guest floor of the Outer Bailey. With no further incident than a brief snarl from the beast, it slid its way out of the hall.

In the Outer Bailey Courtyard, Marsal and Brighde attempted to contact the Watch of the threat. Ser Jeffery, Squire Kenderaela, Armswoman Devona, and Deputy Lilen of the Gaol then followed Marsal and Brighde to the last known whereabouts of the basilisk.

In the dark tunnel before the theatre the basilisk was found gnawing on a mangled, hairy foot. It had grown to over fifteen feet in length, with small wings still damp and unused. With a glance, the basilisk paralyzed Brighde temporarily. As it approached Brighde, still unable to move, Armswoman Devona stepped between them, successfully blocking the basilisk’s movement.

After a brief spat, Armswoman Devona managed to pierce the basilisk’s scales, wounding it slightly and sending it slithering out of the tunnel. Chasing the now wounded basilisk, Armswoman Devona, Squire Kenderaela, Deputy Lilen and sers Jeffery and Marsal cornered it on the observation deck.

In it's final few moments, the basilisk managed to puff it's poisonous breath onto the Squire and bite ser Jeffery's hand almost off. Not, however, before ser Jeffery stabbed its eye. Marsal stood on it's head and all stood back as a scream came from the basilisks eye.

According to those present, an azure liquid spilled from the eye and began disapating. Then the basilisk shrivelled into dust. Some of the liquid was gathered and presented to the Queen in the hopes a cure can be found for the frozen Handmaiden.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

sera Brighde
    Junior Chronicler
Working...
X