Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - The Duelist's Society

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Duelist's Society

24th Day, 9th Month, Year Seven of the Recent Awakenings

The Duelist’s Society

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Duelist’s Society.

The Duelist’s Society, also known as “The Duelists” are not merely a martial guild, but a group of like-minded individuals dedicated to three things: to Her Majesty, to searching for the utmost in skill with the blade, and to the upholding of the Code Duello, the honourable method of settling dispute via swordplay. The Society was founded by sers Edouard Ramos and Mark Trevayne and sera Allenya Ormand several years past.

The Duelist’s goal is to teach their membership the proper methods of dueling while providing the denizens of Castle Marrach with an example of proper honour regarding duels, as well as a source of well trained champions and seconds. To that end, the Society trains their membership in the way of the sword and educates them in the Code Duello. Duelists are expected to master the intricacies of the Code, as the Lord Chamberlain has granted them his sanction on all duels in which they engage themselves, or where both seconds are fully inducted Duelists.

The Duelist Society is loosely structured, with the Senior Triad at the top, and sponsored Duelist Pledges at the bottom. Those of the Senior Triad have been in the Duelist Society the longest and speak for and take care of the Society. Duelist's Pledges are those who are seeking others to form a triad and become inducted as full members.

Those interested in becoming a Duelist must first gain a sponsor within the guild who will attest to their honourable conduct. This accomplished, the Hopeful becomes a Pledge, and must build a triad. A triad consists of three people and should be a solid and reliable bonding that provides support for others in the triad.

Currently, sera Trenna speaks for the Society as Senior; the Elder Triad is sera Allenya, ser Mark, and ser Nexian. Inducted members number approximately 15.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Jerisa T'arachi Kysarrian
    Senior Chronicler
    Last edited by Jerisa; 09-24-2006, 02:08 PM. Reason: Updated information
Working...
X