Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - The Office of Royal Orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Office of Royal Orders

First month, thirtieth day
    Year Six of the Recent Awakenings

The Office of Royal Orders

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Office of Royal Orders.

The Office of the Royal Orders resides just north of the door leading to the Chambers of The Lord Chamberlain. The Office is responsible for numerous duties, including the maintenance of important documents as well as keeping Guilds and their Charters in order.

The Office is led by its Secretary, placed at the sixth link; currently, the Secretary to the Office of the Royal Orders is Mistress Eleren. Assisting the Secretary is the Registrar of the Office, placed at 8th link; sera Kittyn is the current Registrar. Sera Tinka is the Aide to the Office at the ninth link, and below are Aspirants Rosalind, Morbidro, and Bridget.

One of the main duties of the Office is to keep copies of Charters for every Guild. They are responsible to review each guild and encourage maintenance of their charters. They make sure that each guild is remaining faithful to their charter.

Another responsibility of the Office is to maintain the calendar in the Lecture Hall, holding reservations for event planning, as well as preparing events for the entire Castle.

Registrar of the Office sera Kittyn emphasized “While we perform our duties, we are also counselors for denizens seeking positions in the Castle or wishing to join guilds and groups. We help people decide on their interests and what positions would best suit them.”

Furthermore, they are able to order and distribute colored scrolls for those of high rank or for Guilds that request them.

Ultimately, the Office of Royal Orders works for the Lord Chamberlain, to relieve some of his burden. According to Registrar Kittyn, “We work directly for the Lord Chamberlain, so our duties are to serve him, so does not have to do all of the aforementioned duties alone.”

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Ser Marcellius
    Aspirant Chronicler
    Last edited by Euphelia; 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM.
Working...
X