Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - The Scribes of Chamber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Scribes of Chamber

28th day, 2nd moon
    Sixth year of Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an informative account of
    The Scribes of Chamber

The Scribes of Chamber answer solely to the Lord Chamberlain, and Her Majesty, the Queen, Long May She Reign. Acolyte Nizhoni, the Chief Scribe of Chambers, explains We are of the Chambers. And the Chambers mean the Royal Court. Specifically Her Majesty, Long may She reign."

The duty that Scribes of Chamber are most known for, is that of maintaining the Great Chain of Being and to inform the Royal Guard of who has permission to access the Inner Bailey. In addition to assisting the Lord Chamberlain at Royal Court with noting promotions and announcements, they also maintain lists of assistants and who has permission to bear arms.

One final duty of a Scribe of Chamber is that of secretary to Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, Long May She Reign. Sera Elvii mentioned, "One of the Scribes also serves as Her Majesty's secretary, attending Her audiences, taking notes, and arranging meetings. Anyone wishing to request an audience or to present business should contact the Chief of Scribes, Acolyte Nizhoni.

One common misperception that sera Elvii wished to clarify is that of changes on the Chain of Being. She said, I would wish for them to know that if they need their names added to, removed from, or otherwise modified upon the Chain of Being, they simply must have their superior send a missive to us stating such. We do not make alterations to the Chain based on public postings, and there seem to be many who do not understand this."

The position of Chief of Scribes is currently at the 6th link of the Great Chain of Being. The position of Scribe of Chamber is currently at the 7th link on the Great Chain of Being. At the time of this writing, the Scribes of Chamber are undergoing a renewal. For the present, only The Chief of Scribes, Acolyte Nizhoni, and the Scribe of Chambers, sera Katherina, are actively listed.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion, any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

----------
    Junior Chronicler
    Eloire Kysarrian
    Last edited by Eloire; 02-28-2005, 05:54 PM.
    Eloire Kysarrian
Working...
X