Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - The Keepers Of The Unveiled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - The Keepers Of The Unveiled

Fourth month, seventh day
    Year Six of the Recent Awakenings

The Keepers Of The Unveiled

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Keepers Of The Unveiled, oft simply called The Keepers.

Anyone who has spent any time wandering the halls of Castle Marrach is sure to be filled with questions concerning its numerous mysteries that seem to manifest themselves on an almost daily basis. Some of these mysteries are common knowledge to the denizenry, while others are subject to passive interest and mild speculation. But for those that show a keen interest in learning the truth behind the shadows and ghosts and apparitions, there is a guild whose sole purpose is to peer behind the veil cast over the eyes of so many: the Keepers.

A Keeper is someone interested in the truth, determined to cast aside doubt and unclarity. A dedicated member will do whatever they can to see past the subtleties and ambiguities of matters otherwise left untouched or unsolved. They will seek out the paranormal happenings of the castle, investigating purely with the goal to find answers and satisfy themselves with nothing other than veracity.

The goal in forming the Keepers was to keep Her Majesty and the castle safe from supernatural threats. It goes without saying, then, that a wise Keeper will generally do what they can to remain out of harm’s way during their investigations, as well as avoid putting any other denizens of the castle in danger. They are advised to stay away from any situations that may present a threat to themselves or others, but this does not necessarily mean they will also abandon their task. There is always more than one road to the truth and the cunning Keeper is apt to keep their eyes open for such opportunities.

Joining the guild is a simple process of finding a sponsor – a full Keeper – who will teach you the guild’s ways as well as assign tasks for you to complete. The irony, however, is that because of the guild’s nature there are no physical records containing the list of members. On that same note, the guild has no specific meeting place where members may gather and congregate, though meetings do occur and are generally held in the lecture hall.

Founded by sera Faer, leadership was eventually passed on to ser Fallow and finally fell onto the shoulders of sera Rikka. She currently oversees the guild’s activities, member induction included.

Although the guild’s history is vague and partly unknown, its goal has always been and remains to shed light on those mysteries that would otherwise leave us in the dark. Their influence, while unseen, remains an invaluable asset to the castle’s inner workings.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Aspirant Chronicler,
    Ser Emerick
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
    StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"
Working...
X