Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Rememberer's Society

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rememberer's Society

25th Day, 9th Moon, Year Seven of the Recent Awakenings

The Rememberer's Society

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of The Rememberer's Society.

The Rememberer's Society was started by Melfair, a former Acolyte who left the Faith to pursue a study of the soul, which, he determined, recalls what our mind forgets in the case of death. It is the practice of the Rememberers to use meditation and hypnosis, to recall and retrieve these memories hidden in the soul.

Rememberers believe in a philosophy called 'the Great Life', a life in which our spirit is finally its true self, wherein an individual lives more fully than in any other. According to ser Gareth, it is "a life from which all out other lives are a reflection. It is the Source of our myriad of lives, and it is the Destination towards which the great Circle of Life of all out lives combined is heading towards. The culmination of our existence."

While non-deistic, many Rememberers see the Society as an unofficial religion of the Castle, which has held rituals, experienced miracles, encountered dozens of ghosts, and taken 'DreamQuests' together. The services the Society offers extend from past life remembering sessions, the Study of Memories of those newly awoken, and re-awakening sessions, to more radical events like exorcisms.

Denizens interested in becoming Children of the Rememberers take a pledge to learn as much as they can about their past lives. To become a full Guild member, offering sessions to help other denizens, a potential Rememberer must have a session to recall his or her own past life, watch a session under the guidance of a full member, and lastly to hold a session with a member there as a mentor and guide.

If you are interested, you can contact any member of the guild. Sers Gareth, Lasaine, or Trisan, share the role of Guardian of the Rememberers with Evayne Harper. Also available are Rememberers Nexian, Trenna, and Edwina, while Alaria, Ezraella, Fiori, and Reverie are all Rememberers-in-training.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

ser Corin Montagne,
    Aspirant Chronicler
Working...
X