X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ardor Eve Masquerade Ball

21st Day, 10th Moon, Year Seven of the Recent Awakenings

The Ardor Eve Ball

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle The Ardor Eve Masquerade Ball.

On the eve of Ardor Day, the 14th day of this moon, did sera Camellia, Royal Player and Guildmistress of the Friends of the Muse, host a Masquerade Ball. Guests dressed in the the theme colors of red, white, and pink, and as they arrived at the Outer Bailey Theatre, they were greeted by sera Mirandda and gifted with a flower. The flowers - a single snowdrop, or a sprig of forget-me-nots - served as a fitting and graceful reminder that Ardor Day is a special holiday designed to celebrate love: friendship, romance, and appreciation.

The Theater was decorated gaily with pink and white streamers. Attendees were given half-masks to wear, and invited to refresh themselves with the snacks and beverages provided. Guests were a bit disconcerted to find that some of the wine seemed to have unintended effects, promoting amorous feelings. As the guests settled, sera Camelia began a short speech on the symbols of love, and encouraged all assembled "if you have someone special, take some time tonight-- not to tell them how you feel -- but to enjoy being in love, being together."

As sera Camellia concluded, she invited Doctor Destini to share a few words. The good Doctor announced that she had a book to be presented to Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, and exhorted all guests in attendance to show their love and devotion to Her, to write their thoughts in this book, which would be given as a gift and memento of the day.

Sera Camellia then announced the winners of the Ardor Day poetry contest. First place went to sera Airlia, second to sera Ambra, and third to ser Morgus. Sera Airlia was gifted with a jewlery casket as well as an emerald lace handkerchief. The three winning poems were posted on the public boards, and all entries have been gathered in a single volume, which has been shelved in the Outer Library. Many prizes were gifted to guests attending that night in a raffle.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;