X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ardor Day Candlelight Soirée

22nd Day, 10th Moon, Year Seven of the Recent Awakenings

The Ardor Day Candlelight Soirée

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle The Ardor Day Candlelight Soirée.

On the evening of the 15th of the this moon, culminating the Ardor Day holiday, residents of the Inner Bailey assembled in the Ballroom for a Candlelight Soirée. As they entered, they found the hall lit with scores of delicate hanging candles, which, swaying in the filled the room with a dazzling, dancing light. Each guest was given a tiny candle in a cup, adding to the flickering glow in the Ballroom.

Mistress Adalyn asked for attention. "I would like to welcome everyone to this conclusion of the first annual Ardor Day. Over the last two days we have celebrated love and friendship and appreciation. I hope everyone enjoyed the festivites, as I know I did, and most of all, I hope the spirit of Ardor Day can continue on every day hereafter." She thereupon invited guests to enjoy the ambiance, the music, and the refreshments.

Shortly thereafter sera Elisandra began to play on her antique chestnut lap harp, a beautiful instrument. As she played, guests enjoyed champagne and chocolates, delicate cheeses and tiny crackers, and engaged in conversations. Presently His Excellency, Lord Boreas, was announced, and congratulating Mistress Adalyn on a wonderful event, took his seat upon the Royal Dais, whereupon sera Xewe proposed a toast: "To his Excellency's health, and of course her Royal Majesy's, long may she reign!"

As several couples began to dance, His Excellency informed the ballroom that Her Majesty hoped to attend a bit later, which news was greeted with pleasure and smiles. The winner of the Inner Tourney, Sir Lucus, was again congratulated, and adorned with the golden laurel wreath he won as his prize.

At length, Lord Boreas departed, to return shortly with Her Majesty, who shone in an alabaster velvet bilaut and diamond jewelry. She smiled kindly upon Her subjects, and thanked Mistress Adalyn for the ball, and for all her work in arranging the holiday events. "It is Our desire to see this Bailey filled with such events, and such festivities,", declared Her Majesty.

Mistress Adalyn and Doctor Destini then presented a fine book, bound in sapphire silk. It contained heartfelt wishes from many of the denizens. As Mistress Adalyn expressed, "It is our wish, Your Majesty, that the castle be filled every day with the feelings of love and appreciation that have abounded on this Ardor Day."

"It pleases us that you are so kind and thoughtful," replied Her Majesty, in graceful thanks. "I hope that such outward, loving expressions can be extended to all of my guests, constantly." She continued gently "It is my sincere hope, such generosity, and such sentiment is expressed always, to all those who wake within these halls. Each of you are special, each of you have a purpose, and meaning to me."

Her Majesty indicated to Sir Vestio that she wished the celebrations to continue, and so the music began again. Sir Vestio having wondered "Now, who will dance with an old badger," was pleased to hear Her say "I am well enough for one dance, Lord Marshal." With that, Sir Vestio led Her Majesty to the floor, and there they danced a graceful waltz under the flickering candles.

And thus concluded the Candlelight Soirée, and with it the Ardor Day holiday, in music and dancing and a happy glow.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;