Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Royal Collegium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Collegium

21st Day, 3rd Moon, Year 8 of the Recent Awakenings

The Royal Collegium

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as Chronicler of the Court, I hereby submit the chronicle The Royal Collegium.

The Royal Collegium was established to nurture and educate favored denizens of Castle Marrach so that they might serve Her Majesty to their highest potential. The collegium coordinates and sponsors lectures and other events with the goal of promoting scholarly interests and the sharing of knowledge.

There are three Colleges: Arts, Sciences, and the Arcane. Each has its own structure and process of teaching and research. The Headmasters of the colleges are Sir Bragi for the Arts, Doctor Diana for Sciences, and Lady Serista for the Arcane. Doctor Dittersdorf is the Dean of the Collegium entire.

According to Sir Bragi, the College of the Arts seeks those with artistic minds, who show themselves to be involved and ready for serious study. Fields of study within the Arts include visual arts (painting), poetry, language, writing, historiology, and musicology. 'I would wish that people would keep a completely open mind in considering what is art and what is nay', declared Sir Bragi. He looks for students ready to exert themselves.

The College of the Sciences educates student's in the many fields of Science. Not limited to mixing potions and studying medicine; this includes those who are interested in mathematics, engineering, law, astronomy, medicine, philosophy, alchemy, sociology... and even the study of magics, such as its history and mechanics. 'We encourage our students to observe, experiment, re-experiment, draw conclusions', Headmaster Doctor Diana observed, 'and even invent from their learnings.' Experimentation is key to studies in the Sciences, though Doctor Diana would like to see more lectures and presentations done.

Study in the College of the Arcane is, in practice, limited to Sorcery, though it theoretically includes Wizardry and Necromancy as well. All Sorcery students are students of the Royal Sorceress, but not all are students of the Collegium. 'We are considered members of what is termed the Sorcery Program,' explained Apprentice Uwaine, 'an informal group of students and scholars of the arcane.'

The symbol of the Royal Collegium is the knotted serpent (ouroboros). Each member of the Collegium receives a ring bearing the serpent: brass for Junior Students, silver for Favoured Students, gold for Fellows, and platinum for Masters and above.

Those who are interested in pursuing studies with in the Collegium must secure a sponsor, an established Scholar (Fellow). Upon agreeing to sponsor a candidate, the Fellow will help prepare them to submit a project. Once the project is complete, the Fellow will send the project and name of the candidate to the Head Master of the College for approval. The most recent list of Collegium members may be found here. [OOC: page down to the last reply for most current list]

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Last edited by Jerisa; 03-21-2007, 05:31 PM. Reason: making the link more clear
Working...
X