Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Guild of The Awakened

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guild of The Awakened

Fifth Moon, Fifteenth Day
    Eighth Year of the Recent Awakenings

The Guild of the Awakened

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Guild of the Awakened.

Commonly called "the Awakeners", the Guild of the Awakened is not as old as some of the guilds of the Castle. It is, however a guild that has maintained a long and steady existence within the Outer Bailey.

Founded and originally led by sera Kiera, the Awakeners have had Guildleaders and Assistant Guildleaders including ser Morte, sera Cassandra, sera Illiana, Apprentice Anabeth, sera Khalea and ser Jayland. They are currently led by ser Rynien.

There are no current Assistant Guildleaders but ser Rynien is hoping to find one soon. The hierachy includes the Guildmaster or –mistress at the top, followed by three Assistant Guildleaders, followed by members. There are over twenty current, active members of the Awakened.

The purpose of the Guild is to welcome the Newly Awakened to the castle; to acclimate them and help them understand their new way of life; and to set them on the path toward discovering their calling here. Upon locating a Newly Awoken guest, an Awakener’s task has five parts. The first, dubbed ‘Clothes' by those who train hopeful members, is obvious: the Awakener must first find the new guest a set of clothing, so that they might not freeze, and may retain modesty.

The second part, ‘Castle’, is to explain to the Newly Awoken guest where they are and how they came to live under Her Majesty¬’s reign. This is a task requiring sensitivity and tact.

The third is ‘Courtesy’, in which the Awakener must teach the guest the basics of castle courtesy, that they might settle in with as little trouble as possible.

The last two parts do not always apply: ‘People’ and ‘Places’. Many Newly Awoken Guests wish to explore alone after the first three parts, and decline introduction to those who could help them further their interests, or a tour of important locations.

Awakeners may be recognised by the silver necklace they wear, upon which hangs a medallion bearing the name of the Guild and an engraving of a castle.

The Guild room of the Awakeners is the Sunset Room, in which their meetings are held. It is left open to the public, although in the past it has been locked due to disrespect of the place. It is so situated that most Newly Awoken guests find their way to it, and there is often an Awakener on duty there. The wardrobe in the room hosts a supply of plain clothes to help the Awakeners in clothing their charge.

There is, in the Sunset Room, a needlepoint sampler detailing what the Awakeners do. In their own words, the Awakeners:

~ Show [the Newly Awakened] where to find clothing, food and companionship.

~ Teach them the basics of etiquette and to honor our Queen.

~ Tell them of the various activities and Guilds they may be interested in.

~ And offer our friendship to all who dwell here.

Those who would join the Awakeners should contact the Guildmaster. Hopefuls are required to train in the task of an Awakener for at least two bells, and to attend one Courtesy Circle lecture.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Tanrick Vallvagen
    Junior Chronicler

edited with updated information by sera Kadia, Aspirant Chronicler
    Last edited by Jerisa; 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM.
    Kadia Conaille
    Aspirant Chronicler
Working...
X