Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Castle Sentry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Castle Sentry

20th Day, 9th Moon, Year Seven of the Recent Awakenings

The Castle Sentry

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as an Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of The Castle Sentry.

On the twenty-second day of the fourth moon of the seventh year of recent awakenings, a Royal Edict was made disbanding the Winter Watch and the office of the Gaol to create a new unit, the Castle Sentry.

The task of the Sentry is twofold, performing the duties of both entities. The Sentrymen are charged with patrolling the halls of the Outer Bailey and ensuring the safety of denizens here, as well as with operating the Gaol and meting out justice in misdemeanors, as per the Capitulary.

The Sentry's chain of command begins, as all should, with Her Majesty. It then moves on to Her Lord Chancellor, His Excellency Sir Boreas, and from him to the Royal Provost, the recently reappointed Sir Petris. From there, the Sheriff, Bailiffs, Armsmen, and Constables are fully inducted members, with the Deputies being Sentrymen in training.

The position of Royal Provost, which requires Knighthood, has been held by such honorable Knights of this realm as Sirs Vestio and Howe. Sr Petris has held the honor of having been the first Royal Provost of Marrach, a position which originally belonged to the Gaol. When the position was unoccupied for some time, Sir Petris once more took up the title, in the name of the Sentry, bringing his invaluable experience to the group.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Aspirant Chronicler
Working...
X