Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Royal Office of Heraldry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Office of Heraldry

9th month, 24th day, Year Eight of the Recent Awakenings

The Royal Office Of Heraldry

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;
    In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of The Royal Office Of Heraldry

The Office of Heraldry is a Royal office that exists to serve the Royalty, Nobility, and Knighthood of Castle Marrach in various fashions and has existed well before the Recent Awakenings, but the office was largely unused by the Royal Court until it was returned to use by ser Stix, former Master of Heraldry.

There are three positions within the Office of Heraldry, which include the Master of Heraldry at the 4th Link, Heralds at the 6th Link, and Pursuivant Heralds at the 9th Link upon the Great Chain of Being. Heralds and Pursuivant Heralds serve under the Master of Heraldry. An oath of service is required for each of these positions.

In addition, there are two positions that are associated with the Office of Heraldry, but are granted at the discretion of, and overseen by, the Lord Chamberlain, Sir Launfal, and Her Royal Majesty, Queen Vivienne. These positions include the Royal Speaker at the 5th Link and Royal Banner Bearer at the 7th Link upon the Great Chain of Being. An oath of service is not required for these positions.
    The Master of Heraldry is held by one individual who serves as the leader of the office and he or she was usually a Herald first. The position is usually held by a Knight, but has been provisionally held by a Courtier.

The position of Herald can be held by several individuals who have usually studied as Pursuivant Heralds and proven their worth to become full Heralds. The position requires at least the intrinsic rank of Honored Guest, preferably Courtier and is chosen by the Master of Heraldry.

There can also be several Pursuivant Heralds who study the ways of Heraldry and Blazonry and serve the Master of Heraldry and Heralds. The position does not require intrinsic rank, but with diligent efforts will gain a recommendation for Honored Guest. "Pursuivant" is a term within Heraldry to mean something akin to a "student" Herald and thus, the position of Pursuivant Herald is largely one of study of the ways of Heraldry and Blazonry, courtesies of the Inner Bailey, and languages.

The Office of Heraldry has a wide variety of duties and serves only Royalty, Nobility, and Knighthood; some of these duties include designing, registering, and altering armorial bearings, maintaining the Record of Arms, maintaining a record of all decrees, edicts, proclamations, and announcements, maintaining a current posting of such decrees, edicts, proclamations, and announcements that are currently in effect, assisting with tournaments, events, and ceremonies sponsored by the Winter Court, such as Royal Court or the Squire's Challenge, public speaking, translation, delivering secret messages, trumpeting.

In times of war, the Office of Heraldry also includes the duties of trumpeting calls for the movements of troops on behalf of the Captain of the Royal Guard, making parlay with those who would be Her Majesty's enemies, delivering secret or urgent messages amidst battle, bearing the banners of Her Majesty's realm, assisting in the identification of ally and adversary by armorial bearings and other methods, and other duties as prove necessary.

Presently, the Office of Heraldry stands thusly though for the most current information, one should consult the Great Chain of Being: Provisional Master of Heraldry, Mistress Rosalind; Heralds, seras Hazelline and Helena; and Pursuivant Heralds, seras Estelle and Merrynn, sers Crevan and Ignoia. The position of Royal Speaker is currently being held by Master Sansamor and Royal Banner Bearer by sera Airlia.

Those interested in joining the Office of Heraldry as a Pursuivant Herald upon the 9th Link of the Great Chain of Being should contact a Herald, presently of which there are seras Hazelline and Helena.

Those interested in the positions of Royal Speaker or Royal Banner Bearer should consult the Lord Chamberlain, Sir Launfal.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;
    Last edited by Volt; 09-24-2007, 05:55 AM. Reason: Meh. Formatting. >.<
    Voltamir Kysarrian
Working...
X