X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ardor Day Auction

22nd Day, 11th Moon, Year 9 of the Recent Awakenings

The Ardor Day Auction

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the Chronicle of The Ardor Day Auction.

On the 17th Day of this Moon, at the 3rd Late Bell, ser Kobe held an auction in the Refectory of the Outer Bailey as part of the Ardor Day festivities. People were invited to bid on the services which various guests of Her Majesty had agreed to provide to those who won the auctions. Ser Kobe, as the auctioneer, would decide what bid he thought was best. All the items which were used in the auction were to be given to the Almoners.

The first service to be auctioned away was a Hairstylist session by sera Jaye. This was won by sera Collette, who offered a pair of pale-iron hairstickswith fire-agate droplets. The second was a lesson in dance and music from the Mistress of Entertainments, Alella. Sergeant Crevan announced to those present that they could "bid away, I will match your offer until I no longer can." No one tried to match the Sergeant, however, and he won the bid with a turquoise earcuff. The next service on auction was to have an outfit made by sera Jerisa, Court Chronicler and Apprentice to the Royal Seamstress. This was won by ser Edstave, who offered a cognac flavored cigar.

A game of chess with ser Nexian, Esquire to the Royal Champion, Lord Sicard, was the fourth service which was on auction. Ser Kobe added that the Esquire might also be willing to teach his opponent a few tricks of the game. Sera Jerisa outbid ser Malaclypse with a sprig of bluebells. Another hairstyling session was offered by sera Ezraella, but there were no further bidders on hairstyling among the crowd, and ser Kobe decided to bid on it himself, winning as the sole bidder with a blue muslin half-mask.

The final auction was for a piece of furniture made by Armsman Drark, who is also a Carpenter. Master Arian bid a pale-bronze and amber ring, while Squire Ambra offered to make two paintings. The latter offer was declined by ser Kobe, however, as he felt that it was unsuitable for the Almoners.

After the auction ended, ser Kobe informed the winners that he woud send misives to the people who had offered their services as prizes, informing them of who had won. He also explained that the next time, he would try to auction off items, rather than services.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm.

Temor Nāgasena, Senior Chronicler
    BRAAAAIIINS!

Working...
X