Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the Kitten and the Lady Chamberlain

31st Day, 11th Moon, Year 11 of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach: in accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, I present for you a Chronicle penned by sera Karli. .

Regarding the Kitten and the Lady Chamberlain

24th day, 11th moon, 11th YRA

On the evening of the twenty-third of the eleventh moon, denizens were gathered as usual for the Lady Chamberlain's open office bells. Those present included ser Kaspar, who was guarding the office door, and seras Johara, Zyta, and myself. Court Chronicler Jerisa had just entered to speak with the Lady Chamberlain on business of her own when, like a flash of fire, a small kitten rushed in. This kitten, described as orange and fluffy, is named Fireball, and was recently returned to his natural kitten form from the magical transformation into a minotaur. The kitten was seen to rush over to the door of the Chamberlain's Office, mewing and scratching. He was briefly distracted from this behaviour by a ribbon dangled by myself and the petting of sera Johara and ser Kaspar. However, he soon took up the call again, seeking entrance into the Lady Chamberlain's office. As soon as the door was opened, the kitten rushed in with all haste before Chronicler Jerisa had a chance to step out.

Lady Avaria had this to say about Fireball's reason for seeking entrance: 'Well, as kittens do, what he primarily appeared to want was attention..I wouldn't say that we have a particularly close bond, but we do enjoy each other's company when circumstances draw us together.' She added with regret that he spent a good amount of time in front of the fireplace, and so his paws were covered in soot when he left again. It seems the kitten was only doing what kittens do best, playing with streamers and soot and lapping up milk that Lord Launfal often keeps in the office. After the kitten scratched at the door, Her Ladyship gave him pardons to leave and he rushed out to be petted and loved on by the other denizens, who now included Court Chronicler Jerisa and sera Mimi. After much play, Fireball fell asleep in sera Mimi's arms and, upon waking fom his nap on my own lap, he finally left on some unknown mission at about eleven late bells.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow.

Let me voice my thanks to sera Karli for her observations and her contribution to the annals of the life of this Keep.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

X