X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Kobe's Opening Speech

Penned on the 14th day, 4th moon, Year Twelve of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Page Kobe's Opening Speech.

Page Kobe officially began the start of the 12th Year of Recent Awakening's Guild Week on the 10th day of the 4th moon. Witnessing the Grand Opening in the Gate Courtyard were Handmaiden Mena, Mistress Lilly, Master Heath, Registrar Kaspar, Elder Mica, Director Anton, Guildmistress Sabrial, Junior Nurse Zyta, Assistant Nurse Myrddin, Aide Adriana, ser Liir, sera Louise, and this humble Chronicler.

''I wish to thank you all for joining me for the beginning of the Fourth Annual Guild Week,'' Page Kobe began. ''There will be plenty to do here this week: events from nearly every guild, from those of the Inner Bailey to Her Majesty's personal servants, to commons like me and guild leaders across the board.'' There were over 70 hours of events planned, forty events in total. ''The largest number of events I've ever seen crammed into one week!''

Page Kobe thanked those who assisted in Guild Week's preparations, including Aide Adriana, Mistress Lilly, the Chambers, and the Chroniclers. He also requested applause for the hosts, guilds and helpers that week. ''Guild Week would not be as big as it is without them,'' he expressed.

The Chroniclers were hosting a Writing Contest, which Page Kobe described, requesting the denizens to participate by writing about one or two events that week. He also mentioned the Hairstylists' Circle's Lecture and Contest.

''Finally,'' the Page stated with a gesture, ''I do hope all of you enjoy yourselves and have a great time during Guild Week. There is a lot to do and I hope to see everyone having fun. If you have any questions, please bring them to me and I'll be happy to answer them. This concludes the beginning of Guild Week! Good luck out there, and happy competing.''

The speech was ended with applause from all in attendance.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Junior Chronicler
    Prue
Working...
X