X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Week's The Power Within

Penned on the 10th day, 5th moon, Year Twelve of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Guild Week's The Power Within.

The Library's first Power Within event would prove to be full of enlightenment and storytelling. Mistress Neerie entered the Outer Bailey Library on the 10th day of the 4th moon with six denizens in tow. They received lavender pamphlets with general information.

The denizens made themselves comfortable on the book-shaped cushions on the Library floor. After thanking the attendees for participating, Mistress Neerie posed to the Library, ''I am sure some of you have been wondering as to the meaning of the invitations you have been sent.'' She was referring to the purple butterfly-shaped invitations, which several of the guests displayed.

What does a butterfly represent? Sera Louise had the right answer: ''Metamorphosis!'' Spreading her hands to demonstrate, Mistress Neerie elaborated, ''To begin small, and limited, and then to transform and find our true potential: a butterfly.'' With a smile, Mistress Neerie pointed out, ''But then, there is the chosen theme.'' She admitted it was inspired by a previous event, and would explain better with a story she wrote. The Mistress began to read. The book she read from can soon be found in the Library.
    It was received with much applause from the audience. Mistress Neerie summarized the story with a smile, ''She set herself a goal, and worked toward it, all while enjoying it.''

What is the Power Within, then? Mistress Neerie liked Aide Bearlan's feedback best: ''The ability to look deep inside your soul, and overcome any obstacles that face you, even if it's under the most toughest of circumstances.''

The Library has a Lending Program, which enables denizens to borrow or order books. Not all titles are available in the Lending Program. If a guest cannot attend Open Bells to borrow a book, they may ask for it by missive from a Senior Librarian, or the Head Librarian.

The newest book in the Outer Bailey Library was one of poetry. ''New additions have been slow to find their way onto the shelves, but this shall soon change,'' Mistress Neerie explained. The Outer Bailey Library currently has two new Librarians-in-Training, including sera Louise.

Denizens can order five different kinds of books from the Embinders: pamphlets, four pages; booklets, eight pages; books, sixteen pages; narrow-tomes, 32 pages; and tomes, 99 pages.

Before the event was ended, Mistress Neerie foretold that the Library's next Power Within event would provide another kind of enjoyment, with different activities.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Junior Chronicler
    Prue
Working...
X