X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duvessa: Sorcery's Price

Penned on the 20th day, 4th moon, Year Twelve of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Guild week's Mystery History Tour.

Rikka's Mystery History tour had just ended on the 10th eve of the 4th moon. In particular, she thanked a black cat who had trailed the tour. The black cat approached Rikka at this sign of courtesy, and presented a tigerseye gold choker around its neck. Rikka read the choker's engraving outloud: ''Duvessa. Sorcery's Price.''

Duvessa moved through the Solitary Passage to the outdoor gallery; seven of the denizens still lingering followed her. They began to philosophize on the meaning of her choker. Duvessa sat in front of the opal archway, the entrance to the Amphitheater of the Royal Sorceress. The feline seemed to be offended when pet or cooed at. Denizens wondered if Duvessa was a sorceress enchanted by a cat's form.

This humble chronicler has since learned that sera Duvessa was indeed a Hopeful of the Sorcerers, but failed the Binding in the 1st year of awakenings. Her soul was moved into the black cat.

Speaking in Cat, Duvessa attempted to communicate vocally with those present. Page Kobe asked the black cat if she would like to arrange a meeting with sera Jerisa, who also speaks the language, but Duvessa did not reply.

Rikka deemed that a bound Sorcerer was needed before any further developments could be made. As the guests dispersed to their rooms, Duvessa chanted to the opal archway, which opened for her. It returned to its normal state after the black cat parted.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Junior Chronicler
    Prue
Working...
X