X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Week's Dirty Mission

Penned on the 15th day, 4th moon, Year Twelve of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Guild Week's Dirty Mission.

It was the 11th of the 4th moon that Guildmistress Theresa and Master Heath led five denizens to the refuse chute on the second floor. The event was a tradition that started before her Awakening. Guildmistress Theresa explained that usually only the newly awakened were allowed to participate. The mission was forecasted to be dirty.

A male servant unlocked the refuse storage room for the group, which Guildmistress Theresa appreciated. The room was not large. A pile of refuse cluttered beneath the chute, where denizens and servants discard trash and belongings. It was the room where the furnace was fed directly; as such, the temperature was agreed by all to be warmer than otherwise.

For the next bell and a half, the denizens would literally dig through trash. Guildmistress Theresa passed out white aprons to protect the denizens' clothes. Items found in the trash heap that were not deemed useless were placed next to the western wall; all others were thrown into the incinerator. The Guildmistress grinned as she invited the denizens, ''Dig in!''

Most of the unwanted trash consisted of blank scrolls, spoiled food, empty drinks and dirty towels. Many items were saved for future use, including six pieces of jewelry and a metal jeweler's case, various clothing, two chairs, and eight willow dream catchers.

At the end of the event, Guildmistress Theresa allowed each denizen to keep one of the salvaged things, providing the chosen item was within their rank. Gardener Louise gained a tulitptree chair, while Awakener Auriela left the event with one of spruce. For special occasions, Preceptor Mimi chose a silver and sapphire drop necklace. Assistant Nurse Myrddin hauled out a maple bookcase. This humble writer received a musical djinn figurine. Seras Louise and Auriela were permitted to select a dream catcher as well, being the newest denizens.

The furniture and treasures were cleaned of dust and grime in the public baths. The denizens were given the opportunity to cool themselves and relax.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Junior Chronicler
    Prue
Working...
X