X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Week's Dawn of Remembrance

Penned on the 15th day, 4th moon, Year Twelve of the Recent Awakenings

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as a Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of Guild Week's Dawn of Remembrance.

Four denizens gathered in the Phoenix Room on the 12th day of the 4th moon for a special Rememberers' event: the Dawn of Remembrance. Scrolls were given to the participants first, to record what would they soon see.

''We will be focusing on something very special and personal to each of you,'' began the Guildmistress Evayne. They sat in the center of the room in a meditative stance. The Guildmistress proceeded to teach those present a form of breathing that ''centers oneself,'' requiring quiet and patience. After a few ticks of careful breathing, she encouraged the denizens to imagine standing alone in a blank room.

''You see before you a single door covered by a silky veil.'' The group was told to focus on the veil and speak its color. Sera Theresa's veil was red, representing a passion for life, friends and those around her. Red is also the color of generosity and courage, as Guildmistress Evayne listed. Sera Louise saw a brown veil, indicating earth, youth, child-like wisdom and simple joys. A green veil belonged to sera Auriela, showing a nurturing heart, inner confidence and well-being.

Maintaining the breathing patterns, Guildmistress Evayne guided the volunteers to pull aside the imagined veil. She described a meadow and something in the distance, ''something that pulls at your heart, and brings warmth and joy.'' Focus on that something, bade the Guildmistress, ''and hold onto it.''

As Guildmistress Evayne counted backwards from three, the group opened their eyes. They wrote what they saw on the scrolls provided, to be placed under their pillows. In three moons, they will read it privately and reflect.

''Go forth today,'' Guildmistress Evayne said, effectively dismissing the denizens, ''and remember your veil, and hold onto that which you had put to paper.''

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Junior Chronicler
    Prue
Working...
X