Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Chronicle - Unity of the Arts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle - Unity of the Arts

Thirteenth day of the First Moon,
    Thirteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

The Unity of the Arts

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the organization known as the Unity of Arts.

The Unity of Arts, an organization spanning both the Inner and Outer Baileys, is devoted to the entertainment of Her Majesty, Her Court and Her Guests, as well as the fostering of artistic talents of those who reside in Castle Marrach.

The Unity of Arts was formed through the merging of The Muses and the Royal Players, and welcomes people interested in the physical arts of dance and theatre, the visual arts of painting and sketching, the written arts of storytelling and poetry and the audible arts of music and the recited word.

The organization is led by the Master or Mistress of Entertainments, with the role currently filled by sera Theresa.

“We welcome everyone, new and old alike,” sera Theresa said. “A guest can wake on their first day and decide to become a Harlequin if they so choose.”

The organization is divided into different ranks, depending on the artist’s skill, activity and devotion to the arts.

Upon joining the Unity of Arts, a member is classified as a Harlequin and remains at the 11th link on the Great Chain of Being. They are not required to pick a specific field, nor do they need to host public events of undertake duties in the Unity.

“As Harlequins, new members have a chance to explore the options before them before making a decision,” sera Theresa explained. “Think of Harlequin as something of a trial membership so they can decide if the Unity is right for them.”

Once a new member is ready to pick a field, however, their rank inside the Unity changes to that of a Mummer. Once they’ve chosen their field, they are expected to assist higher-ranking members with their socials, especially those in the Outer Bailey. Through assisting the higher-ranking Unity members, they also have a chance to be mentored by them.

“Masques are next, and (Mummers) are required to host a number of events in the Outer Bailey before being considered for promotion to a Masque,” sera Theresa continued. She said that the activity and devotion of a Mummer would be taken into consideration and would go a long way toward earning a promotion to the rank of Masque, which is seated on the 10th link of the Great Chain of Being.

The last rank within the Unity of Arts, other than the guild leader and assistant guild leader, is that of Thespian. Honoured with a position at eighth link on the Great Chain of Being, Thespians have proven themselves as Masques and have displayed good and courteous behaviour.

“Before being promoted to Thespian, a member is likely to be considered for a promotion to Honoured Guest,” sera Theresa noted. “If they are not deserving of the rank of Honoured Guest, they probably cannot be made a Thespian.”

Thespians primarily entertain within the Inner Bailey and are required to adhere to the manners of The Winter Court, the Mistress of Entertainments explained.

The Unity of Arts, which is sponored by Sir Bragi, head of the College of Arts in the Royal Collegium, allows its members easier access to the supplies necessary for advancement of their studies and the arts. Items such as instruments, paints and paint brushes and costumes are not easy to obtain in the daily run of things, so the Unity eases this by acting as a liaison.

“Those who enjoy the arts and love sharing them with others are given the opportunity to serve Her Majesty by filling Her Keep with them, helping entertain everyone and keeping them happy,” sera Theresa noted. “Reliable and talented members might also have the opportunity to share their work with members of the Court and the Royal Family, which are both amazing accomplishments.”

The Unity is currently sponsored by seras Heulyn and Ophidias, as well as Sir Howe.

“Eventually, we hope to have patrons for each of the schools within the Unity,” sera Theresa said.

If a person is interested in joining the Unity of Arts, they should write to the Mistress of Entertainments to arrange for an interview.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Sera Euphelia Noronos
    Aspirant Chronicler
Working...
X