Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Royal Awakeners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Awakeners

Twenty-Second day of the Seventh moon
    Fourteenth Year of Recent Awakenings.

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Guild of the Awakened.

Commonly called "the Awakeners", the Guild of the Royal Awakeners is not as old as some of the guilds of the Castle. It is, however a guild that has maintained a long and steady existence within the Outer Bailey.

Founded and originally led by sera Kiera, the Awakeners have had Guildleaders and Assistant Guildleaders including ser Morte, sera Cassandra, sera Illiana, Apprentice Anabeth, sera Khalea and ser Jayland.

Current membership of the group can be found listed here.

During the Royal Court held on 29th day of 7th moon, 13th Year of Recent Awakenings, the opening of the Welcome Room was announced by Lord Launfal, the Royal Chamberlain, "The Welcome Room is actually a series of rooms located where the Royal Guard used to have its barracks, off of the Gate Courtyard."

It is there that the Awakeners may greet new guests, "Additionally, our friend the ghostly ser Kimberlin has agreed to first greet these newly awakened and help them adapt to being here," Sir Launfal revealed. "The common room there contains items and exhibits for the new guest to interact with, and to learn about their new life in the Castle."

Her Majesty took up the explanation from there, noting that the work of the Awakeners is vitally important. For that reason, the Crown desired to further reward those who take it upon themselves to help greet new guests with additional favour.

"As of this day, the Awakeners shall be known as the Royal Awakeners, and the role and organization of the Almoners shall be included in their duties as we believe both of these groups serve much the same purpose," Queen Vivienne announced. "As such, the position of Royal Almoner shall be known as the Royal Awakener, who will serve Us at the Seventh Link upon the Great Chain."

The purpose of the Guild is to welcome the New Guests to the castle; to acclimate them and help them understand their new way of life; and to assist in setting them on their path. Upon greeting a New Guest, an Awakener’s task has five parts. The first, dubbed ‘Clothes' by those who train hopeful members, is obvious: the Awakener must first find the new guest a set of clothing, so that they might not freeze, and may retain modesty.

The second part, ‘Castle’, is to explain to the Newly Awoken guest where they are and how they came to live under Her Majesty’s reign. This is a task requiring sensitivity and tact.

The third is ‘Courtesy’, in which the Awakener must teach the guest the basics of castle courtesy, that they might settle in with as little trouble as possible.

The last two parts do not always apply: ‘People’ and ‘Places’. Many Newly Awoken Guests wish to explore alone after the first three parts, and decline introduction to those who could help them further their interests, or a tour of important locations.

Many of these topics are covered by ser Kimberlin during his welcome speech, but the Awakeners are fully prepared to answer questions or discuss these topics in greater detail should the New Guest require it.

Awakeners may also assist in guiding the new guest upon the quest given to them by ser Kimberlin, providing advice and friendship during this period of adjustment.

Awakeners may be recognised by the silver necklace they wear, upon which hangs a medallion bearing the name of the Guild and an engraving of a castle.

The guild room of the Awakeners is the Sunset Room, located between the Welcome Room and the Gate Courtyard, in which their meetings and open bells are held. It is generally left open to the public, although in the past, when located on the upper floors, it has been locked on occasion due to disrespect of the place. The Sunset room is so situated that New Guests easily find their way to it and the wardrobe contained therein, which holds a never-ending supply of simple outfits suitable for New Guests.

Those who would join the Awakeners should contact the Patron or Assistant Guildmistress. Prospects are required to train in the task of an Awakener for at least two bells, and to attend one Courtesy Circle lecture.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Office of the Chronicler and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;
    sera Roisine
    Senior Chronicler

(XIV)
Working...
X