Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

The Royal Jewelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Royal Jewelers

Fourteenth day of the First Moon,
    Fifteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty and the Prince-Regent, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the Royal Jewelers.

The Royal Jewelers were founded, almost 14 years ago, by Mistress Zia. Established to create guidelines, take orders for the general populace and to have a group that focused on jewelry as its specialty, and also to create a team of denizens who have a love for the same craft. Currently headed by Mistress Lillian, Royal Jeweler.

When asked how she started in jewelry design, Mistress Lilly replied, “I have been a jeweler for four years now. I started as a student and slowly worked my way upwards. I was granted the honor of Royal Jeweler less than one year ago by the Lord Chamberlain and the Royal Court. I have learned techniques and developed some of my own in the process. Further, I have had the opportunity to add new designs and suggest to stones and metals. The Jewelers group is my joy and a pleasant pastime.”

Asked about her favorite materials, Mistress Lilly answered, “I enjoy the more exotic metals and gemstones, it is rare that I am able to craft with them as very few nobles and higher order jewelry. Skymetal I have not yet had the pleasure to work with, but I am eager to one day have that opportunity. The finer metals, such as silver and gold are always a pleasure to work with, their quality is so high."

Regarding the design and creation of her art, Mistress Lilly revealed, “I enjoy starting from just a scrap of metal and a few gemstones and melding them together to form a piece of jewelry. Jewelry is an art-form of its own, requiring creativity and patience. You learn a little bit about yourself each time you craft or design a piece of jewelry."

Mistess Lilly had the following advice for aspiring jewelers, “Enjoy what you do, learn to adapt, have a hunger for learning and a willingness to work hard. Live your life with integrity and honor and you will always reach your goals.”

As person who takes great care in her appearance, Mistress Lilly had the following to say regarding appearances, “[A jeweler should be] Hardworking, honest and ethical. I suppose, because I work hard and I expect others to do so as well. Honest, because being a crafter requires one to be honest with others and with themselves. Honestly following guidelines and the law, honestly telling someone that gold looks terrible with their coloring. Ethics, because like honesty, one has to have ethics and morals in order to be a trustworthy and honorable crafter.”

“I would like to see more students, and be a highly respectable crafting guild that is active and thriving. I would like to see our skills expand beyond jewelry making, to perhaps include sculpting and specializing in properties of the dust of metals and gemstones for beauty items. Also, I would like to see our molds, gemstones and metals one day expand to include even more variety - but I am patient. I can wait many years for these things, should they ever come to fruition."

In order to officially apply, one must send the Mistress a formal application along with three recommendations from upstanding denizens who are at least honored guest or higher. A recommendation, is a voucher of one’s character and integrity, another is willing to put their name and honor on the line for the applicant, it is not to be taken lightly.

There is a great deal of room to grow with the jewelers. According to Mistress Lillian, “The Royal Jeweler is leader and Patron, next is the First Apprentice, someone chosen as second in command to oversee the group should the Royal Jeweler take sabbatical. Next is the Lead Apprentice, who is in charge of helping to instruct the Apprentice and Senior Students. Next is the Apprentice, who teaches the senior and junior students, along with holding weekly bells. The Senior students, who hold weekly bells. And then lastly, the junior student who is assigned with learning the guidelines and the craft. There are also hobbyists, who are members of the court and alumni of the group. They are not held to the standard that normal jewelers are - that being they are not required to hold jewelry bells on a consistent basis. They are required to follow the guidelines and annotate their orders, but other than that, little is asked of them.”

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Prince-Regent, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Aspirant Chronicler
    Narcyssia
    Narcyssia
    Aspirant Chronicler
Working...
X