X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack on Doctor Diana, Master Janwin and sera Auriela

Eleventh Day, Fourth Moon,
    Sixteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty and the Prince-Regent, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    the attack on Doctor Diana, Master Janwin, and sera Auriela.

Over the many years of recent awakenings, the dungeons of Castle Marrach have played host to a number of denizens for a myriad of reasons, with its current occupant being no exception. Ravaan has been held since the fifth day of the third moon, when he attacked Doctor Diana, Master Janwin and sera Auriela in what, in the words of Doctor Jacicus, was an "utterly insane, drastic and otherwise suicidal plan."

Near the eighth bell the aforementioned day, Doctor Diana was waiting to meet with a prospective healer when Drewe came upon her. The Doctor admits that while she "did not know the woman well", she had on last occasion heard the sera was dedicating herself to the Duelists, and was "working hard to become an upstanding denizen of the Keep." She further admitted that she seemed "hopeful… grateful and polite to me, even if not the most articulate… [and] not at all unpleasant." Perhaps that is why, when Drewe approached the Doctor about speaking in private, Doctor Diana agreed to her request. The two continued onward to the Library, which was most curiously locked. Unfortunately, what awaited her inside was more than mere books -- for unbeknownst to her, there was a bloody plot afoot.

Waiting inside was Ravaan and sera Auriela, who had already been taken hostage at sword point. As some readers may know, this was not the first time there was an incident between the two, although Ravaan personally claimed that his "past history with Auriela had nothing to do with it… she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If anyone else had been there, then I would have used them." Drewe departed to deliver a missive, while Ravaan continued to hold the two women at sword point, although he claimed that he did not "intend to hurt" the Doctor.

It soon became clear that Ravaan had lured the Doctor to the library with the intent of having her reattach his hand - a hand which he planned to steal from Master Janwin, using sera Auriela as leverage to force the Master’s cooperation.

In Ravaan’s own words, he explained that "a few years back the healers tried to attach a hand to Dolph's stump, the hand was not a match and it did not work, but I realized there would probably be a small chance that a hand could be a match for mine. I thought Janwin's would work well enough......I had planned to remove his hand and for Diana to sew it on."

When questioned on the sense of his plan - or lack thereof - he claimed that "we [Drewe and I] were drinking together when talk turned to my hand… I had been in my cups, [but] it seemed like a good idea at the time… it’s not as though the Healers were about to attach a hand for me, firstly because of the way I was planning on acquiring that hand, and also because I have had very little luck getting any help through legal means."

Doctor Diana later stated that, in her opinion as a Doctor, neither Ravaan nor Drewe "seem[ed] impaired by substances…. [and] there was no overt scent of alcohol."

Fortunately the plan failed, and although Doctor Diana received a cut to the neck, later resulting in her passing out from blood loss, she was able to prevent loss of life - and limb. Her quick thinking allowed her to take advantage of the confusion caused by the unexpected thunder rumbling throughout the Keep - later identified as Master Ali’s arrival at the edge of the wards - to free sera Auriela, allowing her to whistle for help.

When asked to give a statement regarding the events of that day, she admitted that she was "more than a little embarrassed to have been a part of that play, but I came out well enough. I would not have been injured but for Ravaan’s clumsiness… [but] I am not going to be a victim. Not ever again."

Sera Auriela noted that "even I can admit [Ravaan’s] had better moments; this is not even close to being one", while the man in question admitted that "I fucked up, and I know it... [I] shouldn’t drink and plot… it always ends badly."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Prince-Regent, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

sera Veline Escamilla
    Junior Chronicler
    Novitiate Veline Escamilla
Working...
X