X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Musical Evening

Penned on the 17th Day, 8th Moon, 16th YRA

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of A Musical Evening

The bell had not long struck its eigth chime when a Musical Night, hosted by the Awakeners, took place in the Outer Bailey's Sunset Room.

The attendees gathered in small groups and chatted amongst themselves, taking part in refreshments provided by Master Geoffry. Shortly after the half bell, Mistress Brighde thanked everyone for coming and presented the evening's first performer: ser Edward Keyland.

Ser Edward, framed by the Sunset Room's fireplace, stood with his lute and gently plucked at the strings as he sang. It was a song with themes of love and longing, sung in verses accompanied by his lute.

Following this performance came Mistress Brook with her violin. Before starting, she dedicated the piece (called "The Journey") to Sir Donovon, for, as she said: "without his encouragement I would never have ordered the instrument in the first place."

The piece, The Journey, was lively and spirited, with Mistress Brook displaying unique ways to play the violin. The many surprised expressions around the room quickly turned into applause once she had finished.

Finally, Sir Donovon took the stage with his violoncello, playing a deep, melancholic piece that seemed to reverberate in the very walls of the room. When asked the name of the piece, he revealed it had no name and instead allowed Mistresses Brook and Heulyn to name it. After some deliberation, they dubbed it: "The Expectation of Hope".

Hearty applause and praise met each performer. Attendees remained for some time after the last performance, partaking still in Geoffry's foods and each other's company.

The event, Mistress Brighde would reveal to This Chronicler, was born from a desire to host events in the vicinity of the Sunset Room. "That," she said, indicating a figurine on the mantle that could play music, "made me think of music and it is how the event was born."

When asked about future events in the Sunset Room, Mistress Brighde confirmed that there would be more. "I fear by the time a moon has ended everyone will be quite tired of my annoucements on the boards."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow in our wake.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lady Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Chronicle LXX

Senior Chronicler
    Master Emerick
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
    StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"
Working...
X