X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordon's Arrest

Ninth Day of the Ninth Moon,
    Sixteenth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance to the will of Her Majesty and the Prince-Regent, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of
    Cordon's Arrest.

A day within the outer dining hall quickly turned into an eventful arrest of the Conclave member known as ser Cordon.

It was the evening of the eighth moon and twelfth day when Ser Cordon and sera Trenna entered the dining hall, joining Inquisitor Blodwen, Armsman Tyr'gunn, seras Merrynn and Yazmin and ser Lief.

Upon entry sera Trenna took her place near sera Merrynn and immediately jumped into conversation as ser Cordon headed for the bar. Not much time after, Armsman Gunn politely requested ser Cordon's time.
    Ser Cordon agreed and the two men entered the Refectory. A few ticks later they returned with the Armsman holding ser Cordon's weapons. The Armsman asked sera Trenna to hold them while ser Cordon tried to calm his wife-to-be who instantly grew furious at the arrest of her fiance.

In reply she said:

"Lay them by the door; you do not want me in arms reach of them at present."

The Armsman asked again that she gather them so that no damage would come to them and she eventually conceded. She watched as her fiance was taken away and she unable to stop it. While the Armsman in question could not give any details about the whereabouts or crime of ser Cordon, he did say this when asked if this arrest would cause trouble with the current treaty and trade deal:

"We've arrested and sentenced members of the Conclave before. It has not had much of an impact then, so I don’t think so."

After sera Trenna expressed her personal feelings with this chronicler on how she felt about the arrest:

"It was a surprise. And an unpleasant one. But I imagine anyone suddenly arrested for seemingly no reason would concur with that sentiment."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, Prince Bertram, the Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm,

Yazmin Reymess
    Aspirant Chronicler

Working...
X