X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Frosty Fest Indoor Games Festival

Penned on the 1st Day, 12th Moon, 16th YRA

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Royal Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of The Frosty Fest Indoor Games Festival

On the evening of the 29th day of the 11th moon of the 16th year of these Recent Awakenings, at the toll of the 7th late bell, the Indoors Game Festival began in the Outer Bailey Bowling Alley Lounge.

The hostess, Mistress Euphelia, gave her welcome to those gathered while standing on a bouncing contraption: "Welcome to the Second Annual Frosty Fun Fest's second event, the Indoor Games Night!"

The first game, The Embarassed Horse, consisted of pinning a paper tail on a painted horse whilst blindfolded. The person who would pin the tail the least accurately would have to "tell a harmless, but blush-worthy tale involving themselves" or else bounce on the trampoline while singing the first verse of "Little Teapot". When the game concluded, after the poor painted horse was a pin-cushion of paper tails and with no clear winner, Mistress Euphelia offered herself up and shared a tale of embarrassment.

As the tale came to a conclusion, participants began using the bowling lounge's gnomish contraption, inserting coins and manipulating the lever. While most were unsuccessful, Mistress Adayne stepped up, explaining that the lever needed to be "wiggled a thousand different ways" to release a prize. Doing just that, she worked the lever until a stuffed toy emerged, which she gifted to sera Merrynn.

Attendees then participated in jumping upon the trampoline, "a bounce thing" which Mistress Brook provided. The trampoline, a circular wooden frame with a tautly-stretched piece of canvas in its center, would cause those that jumped on it to soar even higher. In the end, Mistress Euphelia collided mid-air with Mistress Adayne, doing more damage to their pride than to each other.

The next game, led by Master Aratan, was called the "Penny Pot." A "straightforward gambling game", it involved at least three players and one die. Each player would contribute a small sum to the pot to start and then roll the die in turn. Rolling a one meant the player would have to add two coins to the pot; rolling a two meant putting one coin in the pot; rolling a three meant all players would add a coin; rolling a four would allow a player to take one coin from the pot; rolling a five would allow them to take two; rolling a six would give them the entire pot. For this instance of the game, Master Aratan revealed that His Highness had provided coin for people to play with and would allow the players to keep their winnings.

The game went on until shortly after the 10th late bell, at which point the evening drew to a close. Ser Kobe repeatedly rolled 6, continually winning the entire pot, but in the end gifted his earnings to sera Eloren. "A parting gift," said Master Aratan as the last of the guests retired for the night.

Those that attended were given white-steel charm bracelets and snowflake crystal charms. The charms, Mistress Euphelia explained, would be used in a raffle at the week's end. Each event would yield one charm and each person's name would be submitted a number of times equal to the number of charms collected throughout the week.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow in our wake.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lady Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Chronicle LXXVI

Royal Chronicler of the Court
    Master Emerick
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to her kohl-lined button eyes.
    StoryPlotter Odjit points to you.
    StoryPlotter Odjit draws her finger over her throat slowly.

OOC -- Rhomulus says, " you realize... of all the people on here you're one of the few to make me look up a word?! lol"
Working...
X