Deliberate Summoning of the Purple Wraith for Re-Marking Prevention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliberate Summoning of the Purple Wraith for Re-Marking Prevention

Penned on the third day of the last month; sixteenth year since recent awakenings.

To the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Castle Marrach;

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the chronicle of the "Deliberate Summoning of the Purple Wraith for Re-Marking Prevention."

A group of brave folk gathered in the Bowling Lounge this evening in order to summon and destroy the Purple Wraith. Denizens including Dame Galatea, Mistress Wilena and Armswoman Juliana assembled around the 7th late bell to witness Mistress Rikka's summoning of the Wraith, a member of the malevolent Hand of Five, in order to destroy it and prevent it from laying its mark on another denizen. "The bowling alley was selected as it had only one entryway," Deputy Siward explained. It was also was large enough to surround a summoned ghost by swordsmen able to subdue him simultaneously. The alley was used for a similar procedure a little over a year ago.

Rikka's summoning began with re-drawing a circle with a piece of charcoal onto the wooden floor. Then she placed a scroll with the name of wraith in the very center of the circle, then called the Wraith to appear. Once he appeared, all present attacked the wraith. The wraith had the magical ability to enrage the emotions of those close to him. While the wraith attempted to attack many combatants, only ser Melle was sickened from the attacks, which reduced his fighting capacity. Afterward, Melle was tended to and released. The summoning circle was able to imprison the wraith, which allowed Deputy Adelia to blow amber dust on him to make him disappear, temporarily slaying the wraith. The amber dust is made from crushing amber stone into a powder. Deputy Siward said he understood that it, "very potent against the wraiths."

All in all, nine successful strikes were made against the purple Wraith. From Siward's observations, it seemed that practice wooden swords and Mistress Rikka's personal weapon were the most effective weapons against the wraith.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is through the preservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Grace and give strength to those that will follow in our wake.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm; I remain,

Aspirant Chronicler

Zeronica
Working...
X