A Thank You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thank You

I still can't believe last night happened.

The art show was such a success I just can't deal with it! We had ten or eleven very charitable
    folks there at the peak. Good, fun, happy, gracious people. We even had some in costume!
    By the end of the night every piece of art had been purchased, including a very intimidating statue
    donated by Christian of
    Petite Pommes and a very spooky tapestry (which now hangs in my room)
    donated by Lamhirh of Sew We Can Sew.

Once everyone had ample time to sit around and talk with one another and inspect the art
    at their own pace we started the auctions! We had whiskey donated by the Bisclavret,
    strawberry wine donated by Rem and the Gardener's Guild, and a wide variety of items
    donated by Roofus and my own guild The Black and MacDubglass Misfit Company.
    Every item sold with some very intense bidding wars happening on some of them
    I played auctioneer and it was -very- fun.

At the end of he night, after everything was said and done, I myself walked away with a nice
    little chunk of denarii. Said chunked was DWARFED by what we raised for the city. The
    orphanage has 440 denarii coming their way and the council is getting the hefty sum of 2545
    denarii coming their way! A sum that will be put into Docktown and Docktown alone.

WE RAISED OVER 3000 DENARII IN ONE NIGHT FOR DOCKTOWN!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think the event would go so well. I owe many thanks
    to all who attended, made donations, spread the word, and bought the work of this city's
    artists. This is the first event of many, I assure you. If you were unable to come this
    time don't worry. The next event will be a different theme and at a different time. I will make sure
    that each event will be unique and accessible by all that it can be.

Thank you people of Triskellian. You have made me one very happy otter.

*at the bottom of the page is drawn a tearful male otter, hands clasped in thanks with a wide smile spread across his face*
    "Focus on the small, good things in your life. See them
    as little fireflies in the darkness surrounding you. Gather them up and put them in a jar and you'll
    have a nice nightlight to keep the darkness at bay."

-----------------------------

Noah, Adiza, Dallas, Tobias
    Once played Mattimeo (Matt), Drosnan, Seened, Patrick
Working...
X