No announcement yet.

How tall is that doggie in the window?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tall is that doggie in the window?

So funn topic since it comes up so often- and its two part!
    1st- How do you think 'heights' work in ICO? Is a character's height determined by their species? Or are all pcs height basic human? Or is it a mix of the two, with standard height being human then adjusted by species and choosen height adjective? (my favorite way and how I do it.)
    What I mean by that last is that tiny species (like rodents) would have average heights of 3' 1/2" ft - 4 ft. Small sepcies (like small cats) 4-5ft, medium species (like wolves) 5-6ft, large species (like horses) 6-7 ft and anything larger then a horse (like bears or such) 7-8ft. These are only what I consider the averages though!
    Back to the question though- How do you see height in ICO?
    And 2nd- How tall are your characters?

Yay! Fun topic. I started one of these like... ages ago.

I still internally handle it so the average of each race is variable (an average horse is taller than an average wolf, who is taller than an average fox, and so on), and then the descriptive body modifies that. Still, if someone RPs a towering mouse at 7'6, I accept that because it's all cool.

That said, I pin Callais, the small chartreux cat, at 4'8 - 4'10 (142 - 148 cm).
    Last edited by Callais; 05-04-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I believe I already covered this with you buuut I will do it again! I believe the standard human height of between 5' 5" and 5'10" is the average of all races, BUT the type of species and race creates a much more liklihood of being smaller and/or larger then that.

For example! Take squirrels, they would average around 5'5" to 5' 7" of, lets say, 50% of the population with the the other 50% being more likely to be smaller then 5'5". Wolves of course would be more likely to be taller. Fox's would probably be average human height all around. But of course you will ALWAYS have those exceptions. Like Titan-Rabbit and Tiny-Tiger(s).

Of course, even among rodents the different species would have different height sets. After all, mice are usually smaller then squirrels. The same would be said for every genus.

That said, Eyrial is around 4'10" to 5' tall.Also, her tail is exactly 1.5 times the length of her body. (for reasons she will not talk about.) Fun squirrel trivia!

Comment

Nuit has always been, in my eyes, around 3'8' tall - being "diminutive" - as I tend to follow the same train of logic for heights as Mersai's player... and I play her as such, in respect to other, larger breeds. "Towering" equines - like Gwydion, for instance - are just freaking HUGE, compared to her; she's basically the size of a small child, in relation to such creatures.

So, you'll see her cuddling up, just like a cat, against the calves of her giant friends, and that's all there is to it.
        Until the End of Love,

Nuit

...And then, love ended; and then, night left.

Bonsoir, mes amis, mes amours.

Comment

Being a tigress, I'd place Zaria between 5'8" and 5'10" - lets put it at 5'9" then. She definitely towers over a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
          X