Apple...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple...

I know this is a long shot but I am floundering with some work I have to do so I am coming to all you knowledgeable people

Does anyone have any thoughts/know anything about apple in the 20th Century?

The statement I have is 'Apple has made the greatest cultural contribution of the 20th century because...'

and then we have to fill in the gap.

IT'S HORRIBLE

thanks <3

Milli.

>___> ...this sounds suspiciously like homework....

Comment

It's University homework >_>

THE WORST KIND.

Milli.

Comment

I suggest research. Paired with much studying.

Comment

There are various ways you could approach it.

You could focus on the early Apple days where the Apple II was more of a home computer bringing computers to consumers, and the PC was more a corporate computer.

Then the Macintosh, as the first popularized computer with a mouse and graphical user interface as the standard. Plus it was 'portable' in the context of the day.

Then their fallow period where they became more niche for enthusiasts particularly graphic designers.

And then the re-emergence with a focus on integrated design for a consistent look and feel and experience.

----

You could also focus on the iPod and iPhone modern period with again their design elements becoming so prevalent and turning these new digital devices into basic products carried by a majority of the population whether a music player or a smartphone. They drove a lot of the modern 'device' world we live in.

----

Could talk about their niche days where Macs were the 'cool' computer of creative types, artists, graphic designers, web designers, etc. The way they built cachet and survived despite having < 10% of the market.

----

Lots of approaches

Comment

Working...
          X