No announcement yet.

Daily Reminder!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings and salutations! A little late tonight, you can blame how comfortable my bed is.
    Hope everyone is doing well tonight and had a great day! I've been listening
    to a lot music today which has been really nice. A lot of 90s/00s emo and alt rock.
    Going back to my high school days. What sort of music do you guys like?

Tonight's target of praise is two-fold! The first is Sabachthani! Sab is a super nice
    dude, quick to help, and easy to talk to. I've not had much interaction with him
    but I like to think I'm a good quick judge of character. So love to you, Sabachthani!

The second is an oldie and still a goody, Roofus! Roofus has been around for quite awhile. I remember
    him being on the who back when I first joined and I know he was here before that. He's a character with
    -a lot- of depth and I'm only just now starting to scratch the surface. I had a great scene
    with him and his crew last night and it was just a treat. So love to you Roofus!

Remember, friends, it's always darkest before the dawn. If you're having a rough
    time just keep pushing forward. We feel terrible because we've been made to feel amazing
    before that. We go through the bad times so we can better appreciate the good.
    If you ever need to talk my PMs are always open. Just drop me a line and I'll lend an ear
    and shoulder without question.

~John~
    "Focus on the small, good things in your life. See them
    as little fireflies in the darkness surrounding you. Gather them up and put them in a jar and you'll
    have a nice nightlight to keep the darkness at bay."

-----------------------------

Noah, Adiza, Dallas, Tobias
    Once played Mattimeo (Matt), Drosnan, Seened, Patrick

Comment

I so look forward to these! Thanks for posting them. I always find myself agreeing with everything you say about everyone's characters. There isn't a single person that I don't enjoy playing with. Everyone is so great! Even and maybe especially the more villainous characters. Much love to everyone old and new for making the game super awesome! And thank you to staff too! It's not an easy job, so thank you for your hard work. <3 xoxo

Comment

OOPS! Ended up falling asleep super early last night and thus
        forgot to do a post! I apologize. You'll get two today to make up for it!

Today's first target of praise is going to be Leliana! I had my first interaction with
        Leliana last night and it was some super tasty conflict. I'm not gonna spoil
        anything about her character but with the interaction we had I hope to
        run into her much more in the future. Love to you Leliana!

This is a short one because it's early and my head is throbbing. A little
        ache and pain isn't gonna get me down though! We all hurt sometimes.
        Physically, emotionally, spiritually, pain comes in all shapes and sizes but it
        doesn't last. Not forever. It doesn't make us weaker for experiencing it
        nor does impact our worth as a person. Remember that -you- have
        tremendous worth in the world even if you yourself don't see it.

~John~
        as little fireflies in the darkness surrounding you. Gather them up and put them in a jar and you'll

Comment

Good evening everyone! I'm doing this one earlier in the evening as I have the guild
          council meeting tonight. Which I will likely go to bed after if I'm not playing Red
          Dead Redemption 2 until the early morning hours. So let's dive right in!

First I'd like to extend a sincere thank you to everyone that dropped by Dallas'
          event last night. It's the first big event I've ever hosted as a player and I was
          a little nervous going into it. But it was a huge success! Loads of money
          raised, some really great RP, heart warming gestures of charity. You all really
          made my night. I got misty eyed more than once and it sent me to bed with
          a huge smile on my face. So, truly, from the depths of my heart, thank you all.

NOW! Last night leads me to the two wonderful characters I'm
          highlighting today! They're a pair in game so I'll keep them as such
          here! Christian and Soleil! What a beautiful and kind couple. They had me
          constantly cooing and squirming with how lovely they are. Christian is
          confident, kind, and strong willed. Soleil is very cute, has tons of
          bright energy, and just really makes you smile. Both together are charitable
          and have an enviable relationship. So love to you two, truly!

I'm still in a great mood today from last night. When I left ICO last time
          I was in a really dark place. A place that made me mean and hateful and
          I rarely left my rooms IC. Now, to come back and be welcomed so readily and by
          such wonderful people? It's exceptionally touch. Love to all of you. You make
          my days brighter and help me get out of bed in the morning.

~John~

Comment

I super spaced yesterday, my apologies.

I could have sworn I posted in this thread but that's very obviously not the case!
            I was just busy with a lot of stuff irl and ic. So my mind must have gotten
            all fuzzled. Anyway, today is Halloween! My favorite holiday of the year though I rarely
            do anything. I'll probably take my sister out trick or treating. Or I might stay home
            and help my dad give out candle to the little ghouls and ghasts that come by.
            We're a small township of only 300 or so people so we rarely get many kids. I hope
            we get a good chunk this year though otherwise I'm gonna gain a few more pounds.

SO! Since I didn't post yesterday I'll do two people
            in this post with a little extra one at the end!

My first target of love is going to be
            Jardskjalfti! I've known Jard since he was created.
            He used to serve in the Avo guard with Matt and Hanneman. It's really great to see
            how far he's come. From humble beginnings to now being a Thane of the Bisclavret?
            It's just really cool. Love to you Jard!

The next receiver of praise is going to be Eyriel! I met her for the first time yesterday
            and she's a really interesting character. Very nice, understanding. very squirrel-y. I'm looking
            forward to learning more about her and her story. Love to you Eyriel

Last but definitely not least is going to be my special mention. The entirety of
            The Black and MacDubglass Misfit Company! I've been in a lot of guilds and Houses over the years.
            Sometimes the same guilds and Houses at different times with different members and leaders. Never,
            NEVER, have I felt more welcome in a guild than I do in Black and MacDubglass. Last night we
            were all together and it was some of my favorite RP I've experienced. So love to all of you.
            You've made me very happy to be part of your family. <3

Just got done giving out candy with my mother. We didn't get many kids but it was really fun.
            Really anytime I get to spend time with my mom is a good time. She's one of my favorite
            people in the world. I hope you all have someone like that but if you don't I know you
            will one day. You deserve it and it will come to you. Love to you all my friends.

~John~

As an added bonus here's what I looked like this evening!

Comment

I'm gonna do this -way- early today. I've got the Fallout 76 beta later from 2-11 PM and then Red Dead will probably
              garner my attention after that if I don't pass out. I've not really been to sleep yet. Which is a
              bummer but not the worst thing in the world. How did you all sleep? I hope well with pleasant and fantastical
              dreams. You've got such great imaginations that I bet your dreams are just the best.

Today's target of love is going to be Alberic! Alberic is just one of the chillest dudes out there.
              So chill that his lack of providing his title can often fluster the more proper people in the city.
              Which I find absolutely hilarious. Looking at you Kaine lol. He just seems like a really supportive
              guy and very easy to talk to. I look forward to getting to know him better.
              Love to you Alberic!

I'm barely lucid so this is a short one. I hope the one from yesterday makes up for it a bit.
              It got flagged as spam so it didn't show up for awhile but it's there now thankfully.
              I hope you all have beautiful, bright, productive days. It's okay if you don't though. Not all days
              are bright but light always finds those who need it most. It might just take awhile.
              Love you all.

~John~

Comment

Oh whoa I'm sorry friends. I've been busy with stuff in game and irl the last couple of days
                and just kept forgetting to post. It wasn't my intention at all and I apologize. Sometimes things like that
                happen, you know? It doesn't make us or our intentions less great. It's just human nature
                to forget sometimes. Especially as you get older like I am haha.

Today's first target of love is to be Romain! I've known Romain for a handful of years now
                and he's always been the picture of nobility. Fair, relaxed, confident, and a damn fine bookkeeper.
                He's got a sharp tongue and even sharper with. A strong friend to have and a boon
                to his embassy. So love to you, Romain!

The next will be Kilana! I've known Kilana since I started playing though she as a completely different
                person back the. Vicious, resolute, with a killer instinct, and the skills to back it up. These days
                she's still resolute but she's a wonderful mother, a kind woman, and always helpful to
                those around her. It's incredibly how much the character has changed and I just adore that I got
                to watch it. Love to you Kilana, truly.

It's a beautiful day here today in southeastern Kentucky. A little chilly but the sun is shining
                bright and it really feels like fall. What's it like where you live? Is it still summer? Well into winter?
                Either way I bet it's beautiful in its own way. We have to appreciate the little things like our
                surroundings. It's on the simplest things to be thankful for, the natural world. A good walk or sitting
                beneath a tree can really take your mind of anything wrong in your life for a little while. Give it
                try if you can. Love you all.

~John~

Comment

Good evening ICO! Posting pretty late tonight, hope you'll forgive me.
                  Slept late today thanks to insomnia and then was motion sick all evening! So I've
                  not been at the computer much today. How's your day been? Hopefully super great.
                  I wish for pleasant days and happy times for all of you.

Today's target of love is going to be Eilionoir? Is that how you spell it? I had my first real
                  interaction with her on Adiza yesterday and I really like the character. She's blunt, smart, and
                  easy to talk to despite being pretty intimidating. So love to you Eilionoir!

I wish peaceful sleep and a pleasant morning for you all. We're heading into winter soon and
                  I know that can be a hard time for people and their moods. So be sure to keep track of yourself.
                  Get up and walk around, drink plenty of water, take a shower, do things that you enjoy.
                  Anything that can help you get by. Love to you all.

~John~

Comment

Welp
                    Dropped the ball!

Four days without a post. I apologize friends. I've just been busy in the evenings. I usually remember
                    in bed but by that point I'm too tired to get back up. I'm gonna try my best to hold up the promise of the title
                    from here on. Sometimes we mess up, we forget, we do thinks out of the ordinary. Those times don't
                    make us lesser. It's just human nature. You learn from the mistakes and do better.

Today's target of love is going to be Rem! Rem is one of my oldest friends. I met her on Ned
                    the night he was made. They sat on the docks and talked until the wee hours of the morning. Since
                    then I've been in love with the character. She's kind, shrewd, strategic, and just all around
                    fun to hang out with. So love to you Rem!

I hope you all have been doing okay. Always feel free to message me if you need to talk.
                    I'm always around to listen.

Comment

Late but it's still the 10th on the west coast!
                      Had a really sleepy day today. I blame the changing of the seasons.
                      I've been doing nothing but watching Youtube today. A few scenes here and there in game but
                      mostly Youtube. Waiting for Fallout to come out really. It won't lessen my time in game but
                      it'll be great for when it's slow. Do you have anything you're excited for? Tell me about it.

Today's target of love is going to be Claton! Claton my go to smith when we're both in game.
                      He's a super funny character for the right sense of humor. Has endless stories to tell
                      and it just easy to hang around. Not to mention his fair pricing. So love to you Claton!

I hope you all had a great day, are having a great night, and will have a better morning.
                      Life is so beautiful and each day is truly a gift. Cherish them even if they aren't the greatest.
                      Love you all.

~John~

Comment

I don't know if I can change the name of this thread but maybe I should haha.
                        I'm not gonna make excuses for it. If I miss a day or four in the future I apologize for it now.
                        I have a really bad memory. Especially if I'm in a scene late. Speaking of, thank you
                        to -everyone- that came to the Guild Council meeting last night! We have a huge hot spot
                        of 17 at one point! It was rad as heck to see.

This evening's target of love is going to be Calypso! I've not had a ton of interaction with them
                        in my time but I always remember hearing good things. Their character development seems
                        to have taken an interesting turn too which is rad. I know a few of my friends are
                        happy to see her on the who too. So love to you Calypso!

I'm heading out later this evening to an open mic night. Not going to be participating myself
                        but looking forward to seeing those that do. I always try to support any events around town
                        that highly artists, people of color, women, and lgbt+ because living in the South that
                        can be a very hard thing to do. it takes a lot of courage especially in small towns. Love to you all!

~John~

Comment

It's still the 15th on the wast coast! I've been playing Fallout 76 all day and sort of
                          forgot to exist. Had a small scene earlier that was rad, sorry Kaine lol. How's everyone else
                          been doing in game and out? Life good? Did you drink enough water today? Remember to eat?
                          How about a shower? Self care if very important to making you feel good and keeping
                          your spirits up. Make a check list if you have a hard time remembering. Or you can message me
                          any time and I'll try to remind you when times are tough.

Today's target of love is going to be Morven! Morven is a character I've met on basically all of mine.
                          To all of them she's been nothing but kind and charitable. Her player plays the type of character
                          she is really well. Not universally loved, not universally hated. She rides a thin wire between the two
                          and everyone I've met has a different opinion of her. That shows to me that Morven is an interesting
                          character. So love to you Morven!

So weird thing. When I scroll through my Twitter feed I get motion sick? Not much gives me
                          motion sickness but apparently Twitter does. How odd is that? So I'm a little queasy tonight.
                          How are you all feeling? I hope good health and happy smiles would be your answer.
                          If it's not bad times pass. You're strong enough to power through them. I believe in you.
                          Love to you all.

~John~

Comment

Really short one but I wanted to post since I haven't in awhile. Haven't really been in game either.
                            Been under the weather. Not sick just heavily fatigued so I've been taking time to just sort of
                            exist. Self care is super important my friends. Sometimes you just need to let things like this take
                            their course and give your body what it wants.

I'm just going to throw love at all of you today. You're all great and I love you. Hope things are
                            going well in game. I'll still make meetings and stuff but RP will likely be minimal for
                            a bit yet. Hope to see you all soon.

~John~

Comment

Sometime all you need is to lie on the bed and pet the dogo

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

Comment

Working...
                              X