No announcement yet.

Forums flodding with spam, and deleted posts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums flodding with spam, and deleted posts

The forums are currently overflowing with spam attacks and I'm at least once a day going through it all (this morning it was 3 pages worth of spam!) and deleting it.
    I read the title and look at the user name as my guides as there's so much spam, that I can't check each post individually every time.

So, if you find a post of yours that's gone missing, let me know and I'll bring it back.

To avoid that from happening, use user-names that's your character's name if you make a new account. The older names I can recognize and leave be. Also, make the title one that's relevant for the forum it's in and I'll normally recognize that it's a legit post.

To sum up. I'm deleting a s***load of spam these days, and as I'm only human, I may make mistakes. This is no attack against you, just send me a PM via the forums and I'll undelete the post.

- Goddess of Dawn and opener of the gates of heaven
    - her tears create the morning dew - she's the mother of all the stars
    - the new beginning and banishment of darkness and evil

It also helps if you have a forum avatar, as the bots don't bother to upload avatar pictures. Over in Marrach's forums I delete a good 30 to 40 a day, usually just by skimming and checking for deletion any posts that have a weird forum name and no forum avatar. I believe Shannon's looking into better methods of combating the recent forum spam.

Happy hunting.
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.