Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course if you wish to be a loner you can make a guild for yourself only in which you are the only member and you determine everything in it. That way you can use tokens, determine the teacher and use the auction house, all only guilds can do.

We also made it clear that spy tokens will not be allowed to use in eg saying: who is the secret lover of existing PC. That you have to find out by sneaking, talking and politicing. Tokens are not there to replace PC interaction. Not at all. Nothing can replace talking to the other PCs.

Comment

I just re-read this thread and I find most of it is still valid. Some changes happened and that is the structure of the tokens. We had very few tokens and now we have one for every single occupation that is in the game.
      We also group tokens into types, eg subterfuge, martial or social etc.

What are tokens good for?
      They are the way you can influence events outside of Triskellian. And occasionally in Triskellian.
      This is the bluebooked time your characters do, their contacts, friends, assets, they obtained in that bluebook time and now call upon.

We allow the tokens to be used for anything that is sensible, logical and applicable. I understand this is too free and hard to work with, but let me pull a few examples.

When the pirates first gained enough power to bug the trading routes, people could respond in many ways.
      A trader, logically asked his trader friends: Hey, have you heard anything about the pirates? (using tradeing tokens) and he would have gained info based on what other traders might know.
      A pirate would likely go to the typical hiding places of pirates and or pubs to learn about the other pirates (using pirate token).
      Scouts would strall the lands and try to find marks, though they are more skilled in finding land units (scout token), so they will be less effective in finding the answer.
      People can go to party and gossip. All gossip has some base truth in them, so they might learn something this way (social token).

I can not give you a taxative list on what tokens can be used for. What if the Doloreaux think there is an Avo priest having too much influence wanting to clean the Luterans from the Dolo lands causing issues for them (all bluebooked of course), they can use assassin tokens for that and it would create RP as the Avos would suddenly hear: Priest Gerviens was found dead on his pilgrage to Triskellian. And then they could try to learn about it and it would eventually sneak into Triskellian with real PCs doing real things.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to ask staff.

Comment

There are quite a few token threads spread out all over the place, so I'm just going to post here and sticky it for future reference.

Tokens can be used for a wide variety of things and are useful based on the type that they are. Trade tokens pay for things to be brought into the auction house, or for new designs, direct imports, food orders, finding out information about current trade deals between rivals, and so forth. Every token type has a purpose or function and there are quite a few so it would be lengthy (and exhausting) to try to list them all out.

For plots involving multiple parties, any tokens spent are 'bodies' or 'information' that can be found out by others, unless you spend tokens to hide your activity. A long time ago there was a post about people trying to find out who was bidding for what on the auction house. People would spend tokens to hide their identity as the bidders and then others would spend tokens (hoping they spent more) to figure out who was -really- behind it. This is much how it works with plots too. If you assist and say you want to spend 5000 tokens to have a caravan attacked by bandits who don't happen to know your name, but you don't spend any tokens to cover up your name and don't offer any story that would turn the trail from you and other people spend tokens, resources, and RP to figure it out, then they're going to figure it out because you have allotted nothing to subterfuge and everything to offense.

Your plans need to be hashed out, in detail, either when you assist or when you speak to the person handling your plot so that there are no gaps if you're trying to do a secret covert mission. It is not the job of staff to hide your activity from other players, nor is it our job to hand feed clues to players on what might potentially happen. It is your job to create the story and we will do our best to guide you through it as much as we can while still letting it unravel as naturally as possible. It's not always easy to determine what other players might think of when trying to investigate an event, so we may not be able to say 'Hey, what if they do this?' and get your input. In that case we have to determine how to proceed ourselves in as fair a way as possible, and believe me, it can be very hard.

Please, please, just make sure you think your story ideas through before you assist to put them into play, and if something doesn't appear to be playing out fairly or correctly assist so that a guide can help mediate between the plotter and the player to ensure everything gets worked out as well as possible.

If you have any specific questions about tokens, please feel free to ask.
        StoryBuilder Nyx

Comment

So basically, tokens are an abstract concept that represent various things IG, and are simply used as a currency when interacting with plotters?

Comment

Tokens can represent any number of different things depending on the token type and the desired goal behind using tokens.

Tokens are a way to represent the resources that would be at the disposal of the guild or house without having to physically represent those resources in game.

Military tokens can represent soldiers, guards, forces, artillery or tactical advantages, such as Calvary or armories.

Sabotage tokens can represent spies and scouts.

Trade tokens can represent tariff and tax expenses. Teacher tokens can represent the cost and specialized expenses needed for hiring and maintaining a staff of educators.

The tokens do not specifically represent a currency used when "interacting with staff". They are used as a streamlined representation of resources that are at the disposal of the group to whom they belong. There is a large base of token information available in this and other threads on the forums. I'm sure a forum search would return much more information than I could possibly digest into one post.

^.^

Comment

I did a search already, but was hoping to make an accurate summary.

I guess that's a fool's errand though if there's that much to learn.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
              X