Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Idling in Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling in Public

Please don't do it.

If you need to @afk shortly, then feel free to remain where you are, but if you know you're going to have to step away for 10 minutes or more, please be polite to the rest of the playerbase and go somewhere that isn't frequented regularly and use the @away status.

If you see someone idling in a public area, please @assist from where they are and we will come disconnect them. If this becomes a recurring problem with certain people and you notice it, please @assist and a guide will handle the issue.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
    Story Nyx

I'm resurrecting this old thread because this is starting to be an issue again. Please don't take your character to high traffic areas and park them there unless you have intentions to actively engage in RP. If someone has been idle in public for at least 15 minutes, staff will disconnect them. If you have to @afk, either excuse yourself from the public location or use the @away command. We will be keeping track and if we find we have to constantly disconnect the same people, we will start issuing warnings.

Comment

Well said, peeps. Everyone can screw up, but acting like this consistently is inconsiderate to fellow players.

Comment

I'm guilty.

Comment

Brought forward as a reminder. Xoxoxox ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by StoryGuide Nyx View Post
            Please don't do it.

If you need to @afk shortly, then feel free to remain where you are, but if you know you're going to have to step away for 10 minutes or more, please be polite to the rest of the playerbase and go somewhere that isn't frequented regularly and use the @away status.

If you see someone idling in a public area, please @assist from where they are and we will come disconnect them. If this becomes a recurring problem with certain people and you notice it, please @assist and a guide will handle the issue.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance.
            I just got a notice from staff for doing this.

Are players no longer expected to file an @assist if they see severe idling?

Comment

If we aren't online, it is a moot point and just clutters up our assist line with things that are no longer relevant. If we are online and we see it happening, we will take care of it.

The player base is under no obligation to step in and police this for us. When we are online, we will take care of it. Otherwise, please just play the game and let the staff do the staffing.

Thank you.

Comment

Just wanted to double check. I thought I was doing what Nyx told me to so I was surprised to get paged about it.

At any rate I appreciate the update.

Comment

Things change. You're referencing a post that is six years old.

A staff member asked you to stop. It's as simple as that.

Enjoy your RP!

Comment

Bumping this because it's becoming a problem again.

If you have to step away from the keyboard, please use the @afk command to notify your fellow players. It is very frustrating waiting 10+ minutes for replies.

If there is no one else online and you have to go afk, please take your characters out of public and use the @away command.

Thanks!

Comment

Bumping for reference!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information