Announcement

Collapse

Multiple Downtimes for All Games [Phase 1 Done]

Unfortunately, the whole computing world is facing a major crisis right now thanks to Intel and other major processors missing critical security flaws in their architecture. As a result, our ISP is doing a set of emergency updates to all of their hardware. We are getting about a day's notice on this, and we're told that they're going to need to patch each machine multiple times, which very inconveniently means multiple downtimes.

At this point, all of the Phase 1 Maintenance is Done, and we're awaiting word from our ISP on when Phase 2 will begin. We'll post a new announcement when it does.
See more
See less

Noble Packages and When It's Appropriate to Purchase One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noble Packages and When It's Appropriate to Purchase One

Hey all!

I just wanted to clarify some things about purchasing noble packages for new characters. Noble packages can be purchased for characters that are new, ranging from Gentry (not including Armigerous Gentry) to Viscount. In this case, "new" means that the noble you intend to create has never left the starter room (the closet in the Inn)/interacted with other characters in the game. Once a character has left the starter room, you can no longer purchase a noble package for that character. If, for whatever reason, a character that you intend to purchase a noble package for leaves their room, you will have to create a new character, yes, with a different name. Not-so-recently, character creation has been modified to disallow names that have already been used, so be careful with that new character!

I stole this from the original post:

New characters may begin the game as gentry, or as nobles from the rank of Knight to Viscount.
    The costs are:
    Gentry (not Armigerous Gentry)- 100
    Knight - 500
    Baronet - 1000
    Baron - 1500
    Viscount- 2000

If the species of the character being promoted does not match the "expected" species there is an additional cost. Note that this cost ONLY applies to paying the story point cost for the ranks of knight/baronet/baron/viscount.
    The costs are:
    Expected species (Fox for Rinaldi, Wolf for Bisclavret, Boar or pig for Doloreax, Horse for Avoirdupois) - 0
    Affiliated species - 25
    Non-affiliated species - 50

The different official rankings are as follows:

Commoners
    Slave
    Serf/Freedman
    Yeoman
    Burgher
    Thane

Gentry
    Gentry
    Armigerous Gentry (gentry that is granted a coat of arms)

Knightly (or low nobles)
    (all these knights just count as a "knight" as far as promotions are concerned. Anyone of knightly rank can join an order if they want to become a knight of an order rather than a knight bachelor)
    Knight/dame banneret
    Knight bachelor
    Knight of an order

Peers
    Baronet/Baronetess
    Baron/Baroness
    Viscount/Viscountess
    Earl/Count/Countess
    Landgrave
    Margrave/Margravine
    Marquis/Marchioness
    Duke/Duchess

I'm sure I have missed some things, and if so, I'm sure someone will add or correct me. If you have questions, don't hesitate to post or assist!

XO,
    Iset
Working...
X