Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jewelry Career Overhaul / (!!! IMPORTANT WARNING FOR ALL CRAFTERS !!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewelry Career Overhaul / (!!! IMPORTANT WARNING FOR ALL CRAFTERS !!!)

Hey all!

I just wanted to give a heads up that the jewelry career is being worked on to smooth out kinks, and have new things added.

That being said, likely everything in that career, and sometimes even existing jewelry, is going to work/look a little wonky for a good bit here (There's a lot to work through! Whew!).

So! If you could offer me a little patience with assists and errors, I would be crazy grateful. I am doing my best to get it finished as quickly as I can. (Between taking breaks when things get intense enough that I am actually -dreaming- in the little code snippets used to make jewelry)

!!! IMPORTANT WARNING !!!

I would also like to add a little 'P.s' note here, as something has come up that I was not aware that everyone else was not ‘in the know’ about.

When making -ANY- crafting item, please make sure that your item is in its final stage (IE: If you're making a specific type of clothing, furniture, etc, such as a shirt -into- a ruffled shirt, or a bench -into- another type of bench, a necklace -into- a specific type of necklace, etc.) -before- adding any additional addable items like lstuds, gems, beads, buttons, and so on.

If you add these things -before- the item is in its final form, the addable pieces (gems, studs, buttons, beads, etc) will be slayed when it is changed into its final form.

ALSO!!!! IMPORTANT!!! Any item you put into a container that gets altered afterward will be lost forever. ie: I put my fancy-schmancy insane expensive dress in my pouch, and then change my pouch into a purse .... My dress gets slayed (permanently deleted) for all of the forever .

Example for addable items –

I make a shirt. I add my super awesome ruby buttons, cause.. classy, right? I then tailor my shirt into a ruffled shirt…. My buttons are now gone forever.

Example for container items (anything that can hold other items) –

I make this AMAZING SUPER EXPENSIVE outfit for Count Dracula ni’Repense. I put all of my fancy items in the generic pouch that goes with the outfit.
    …. But wait, that pouch was supposed to be a sporran, right? …. I tailor the pouch into a sporran….
    Guess what?! All of the items are now gone… All of the money that went into the materials, dyes, added fancy trim, or buttons, the gem-studded things… ? GONE.

Breakdown:

Basically, what is happening in this instance where you create a specific type of item from a generic one, is that the system is simultaneously creating the NEW ITEM while permanently slaying (deleting) the GENERIC ITEM it is made from.

So, your new item will have no memory of the things you added to it previously, because it is, essentially, a new item altogether.

Let’s please pay CLOSE attention when we’re crafting so that our little chars don’t lose our nice things.

Loves!

Cosmy~
    Last edited by ╰☆╮SBCọsmṓ╰☆╮; 10-17-2018, 03:19 PM. Reason: Lacquer doesn't count towards addable pieces. Derp.

Since I'll be working on jewelry regularly, and it -is- an already implemented career that will be skewed, and changed (possibly daily), I figured I would start posting what it is that I'm working on here, so that any active jewelers might have a heads up.

Today's goal is (so much fun!!!) ...Pendants And generic/pendant necklaces.

These little buggers, as I am sure most jewelers are aware, are a giant pain in my behind.

Currently the generic necklaces spawn as 'a pendant necklace' already.

However! DO NOT (omg please. lol) add pendants or gems to them yet, as they are currently a black hole that forever eat anything you add to it.

I should hopefully have these little catastrophes finished by the end of today, and will edit this post, adding 'DONE' to the bottom to signify that I have, as well as a short how to, as I'll be adding a little shiny to the generic pieces, and (hopefully!) altering the pendants to be shaped out of straight metal rather than requiring a gem to be added to them to be a pendant at all.

General note, I will also be getting rid of the prerequisite 'clasp' to make pendants from, and instead be offering a straight 'pendant' option.

Clasps will still exist due to the existing pieces floating around the game, but they will no longer be required to make pendants.

Loves!
    Cosmy~

Comment

HALF-DONE

Good news/Bad news

Good!

You can now create pendants straight from bars at level 6.

It is advisable to shape the pendant into its final form before adding gems.

Addable items to the pendant itself -

Gem = a solitary METAL and GEM SHAPE (you can choose a shapeless pendant if you like) pendant

example of generic:

Brief: A solitary silver pendant.

Look/Examine: A loose-hanging piece of jewelry typically hung via a small loop at its top, from a necklace and various other types of chain jewelries. Classically contoured and tasteful, this pendant is bordered with a frame of close-set milgrain edging. The pendant is created in such a way to hang from a matching curled loop of silver at its top.

Adding a gem =

Brief: solitary silver and COLOR GEM pendant.

Look/Examine: the above with the addition of -- '...Classically contoured and tasteful, this pendant is bordered with a frame of close-set milgrain edging. The METAL has been centrally set with a COLOR CUT GEM, within the contours of the pedant’s frame. ...'

Shaping (in this instance includes a gem) =

Brief: A solitary METAL and COLOR GEM SHAPE pendant. (ex: a solitary pewter and deep sapphire gorath pendant)

Look/Examine: A loose-hanging piece of jewelry typically hung via a small loop at its top, from a necklace and various other types of chain jewelries. This METAL pendant has been meticulously shaped into a detailed SHAPE. The METAL has been centrally set with a shiny COLOR CUT GEM, within the contours of the SHAPE pedant’s frame. The pendant is created in such a way to hang from a matching curled loop of METAL at its top.

You can also add 'handfuls' to the pendants for 'melee' features! (tiny, glittery shinies all over) Yay!

Also, also, you can add the pendants to necklaces (which are now just regular necklaces, tyvm!) and they will -become- pendant necklaces...

Bad

After adding the pendant to the necklace... all of those pretty things disappear in the examines. I've figured out how to do it, but the application of actually doing it, combined with all of the brick-wall type errors I've run into today have rendered my brain utterly useless.

I'll give you a peekaboo of the finished product with all the bells and whistles though, at least for a pendant, and how I mean for it to read (on the necklace) once I figure out the painful process --

You examine your solitary melee pewter and deep sapphire gorath pendant.

A loose-hanging piece of jewelry typically hung via a small loop at its top, from a necklace and various other types of chain jewelries. This pewter pendant has been meticulously shaped into a detailed gorath. The pewter has been centrally set with a shiny square deep sapphire, within the contours of the gorath pedant’s frame. The pendant is created in such a way to hang from a matching curled loop of pewter at its top. Tiny, inset glittery diamond melee gems encrust the contoured edges of this pendant, gradually dissipating in number toward the center to lend the piece an overall dazzling appearance.

Loves!

Cosmy~

Comment

Just curious, if you put a player's dead body in a coffin or something, then modify that coffin, are they gone? I resisted the temptation to find out when I had the opportunity.

Comment

Working...
        X