Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Updates!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor Financial Updates

We have added a few small commands to assist in finance control.

@account
    @income

These should be self-explanatory.

Enjoy,
    ~StoryHost Death

Death@Ironclaw.Skotos.net
    Dragon Pieces

Originally posted by Plato
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Comment

If you are in your room, you will no longer hear the church bells ring when the time of day changes.

Sorry about that.

On the flip side, we now also shouldn't get that block of lag when the time of day changes, either.
      Woah, TonyD's like Roadstrom on crack. - Andrew's Ghost

I mean, how hilarious isn't the thought of a guard who gets off on animalistic behavior? - Kalle

Comment

Minor bug fix with careers.

Sometimes, if you had a high career, which gives skills, then gained a lower career that gives the same skill, the lowest of the skills would be recorded.

E.G.
        Mercenary 5
        (sword 5, dodge 5)

Woodcutter 1
        (axe 1, dodge 1)

If you learnt woodcutter 1 after having mercenary 5, you'd end up with (sword 5, axe 1, dodge 1) instead of (sword 5, axe 1, dodge 5)

This is fixed, however old changes are still in place, so your skills may be lower than they should be. When you learn the next level in the career, your skills will jump to where they should be. In the example above, if the player had (sword 5, axe 1, dodge 1), if they learnt mercenary 6, then they'd end up with (sword 6, axe 1, dodge 6) like they should have.

Cheers,
        Tony

I mean, how hilarious isn't the thought of a guard who gets off on animalistic behavior? - Kalle

Comment

@Speak feedback now works.

If you type @speak feedback, and speak a foreign language, you will see what the audience (who doesn't speak the language) sees.

For example.

@speak feedback
          Speak feedback enabled!
          say 'I speak Eastern quite fluently
          [Feedback: Alronje suant Est-aanvopa meto frunuri]
          You say (in Eastern), "I speak Eastern quite fluently"

Enjoy!

Comment

The Woodcarver career has survived a few updates. Players may notice a change in what can be made and when. Also adapted the figurines to match the doll system. So some careers can carve a figurine of their own type and the woodcarvers/carpenters will eventually be able to carve the figurines into many, many forms.

Have fun,
            ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Comment

The bank clerk will now sell promisary notes. If you have a low income you can buy one of these notes, fill it out, and give it to other players.

Basically, they act like cheques. The holder can offer the note to the clerk, and he'll give them money from your account until the note is paid off.

Note: money only goes into your account if you put it there, or if you have less money than your income rating. If this is the case, the money will appear in your bank account when you log in (and probably be taken right out when you leave your room, if you have your pouch set to carry it all)

Cheers!

Comment

The mace skill has now vanished, and is replaced with the club skill.

If you had the mace skill, you now have the club skill at the same rating.

If you had both the mace and club skill, you now have just one skill, at whatever the higher of the ratings were.

Comment

There is now the @fadetoblack or @ftb command.

e.g.
                  @ftb tastefully

The scene tastefully fades to black.

Comment

Thanks to the tremendous help of Montfort, Northern now sounds much more like a real language.

Hopefully it'll help in roleplaying the Doloreaux culture.

Comment

Minor Updates

Just a few minor updates to let you all know we are still here and working hard to improve the environment.

Added claws to more races.
                      Added more haircolors upon creation.
                      Updated starting items to closer relate to the chosen careers.
                      Fixed brow/eyebrow conflicts.
                      Fixed tail descriptions.

Courtesy of Azrael:
                      @commonspeak
                      By itself it will list your fluency levels.
                      @commonspeak language
                      With a language modifier it will have you speak that tongue but replace any words you do not know with the common tongue for ease of conversation.

Added @ftb as an alternative to @fadetoblack.
                      Added the ability to use an adverb with @ftb.

Allowed the ability to sell fish to NPCs.
                      Offer my fish to NPC.

Added two new skill paths to the game world. You will have to discover these InGame.

Added a few more items here and there. You will discover these InGame was well.

Many other minor changes/updates were made but not all worth listing.

Have fun,
                      ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

languages: There are now racial languages. Only for select races, but try it. If you're, for example, and otter, then try @speak otter

speech patterns: A few animals have new speech patterns. Speech patterns replace the "say" if you don't specify your characters action. For example, a cat could "meow" whenever it speaks.

type @speech to see if your character has any speech patterns available.

If you think that your characters race should have either a language, or some speech patterns, then please @idea it.

Comment

Bay of Auvrich

The Bay can now be interacted with in several ways.
                          Disclaimer: Dont drop things in the bay or they will sink.
                          ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

Meager Update

What am I holding?

look me

Death is a towering large-winged frost dragon, with tough, shiny pure white scales, and long uncontrollable prismatic hair, worn in tendrils. He has a snowy beard and his presence causes frost to form in the area. He is carrying a feather, a bead, a sterile bandage, an aureal coin and three scrolls. He is wielding a bone scythe. He is wearing a white ice satchel and a white velvet money pouch.

Slightly spammy just to see what is in my hands.

inventory

You are carrying your feather, your bead, your sterile bandage, your aureal coin and your three scrolls. You are wielding a bone scythe. You are wearing a white ice satchel and a white velvet money pouch.

A white ice satchel is partially covered by other clothes.

Still fairly spammy and I am a minimalist compared to most characters.

So on that note, we added:

inhand

You are carrying your feather, your bead, your sterile bandage, your aureal coin, your three scrolls and your bone scythe.

Much cleaner.

Action created at the request of SP Natalia.

Enjoy,
                            ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

Matching

@match

Syntax: @match [item]

Example: @match bead

1.) a red bead : the backstage private meeting room
                              2.) a yellow bead : the backstage private meeting room
                              3.) a blue bead : the backstage private meeting room
                              4.) a green bead : the backstage private meeting room
                              5.) a mauve bead : the backstage private meeting room
                              6.) your turquiose bead : StoryHermit Death
                              7.) your lavender bead : StoryHermit Death

Explanation: As far as preliminary tests have shown, the items are listed according to the parser priority. Therefore, if I wanted to interact with a specific green bead, I can use the @match command then know to seek the 4th bead available to me. This is not the best example possible but a majority of us have interacted with the wrong item in public and felt a tad foolish. This may alleviate that somewhat.

Have fun.
                              ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

New command: @donate - for those that want to donate extra money to your guild. Make sure the money is in your bank account, so the clerk can transfer it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information