Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Updates!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can now buy fertilizer from the herb shop.

Two interesting things about fertilizer:

1) you can add it to plants, if you want them to grow better. The better quality the fertilizer the more likely it'll help the plant grow better.
    Add too much fertilizer and, well, you'll just waste your fertilizer. About once a day is really the fastest that you can use it and still get benefit. And even then, depending on the quality of the fertilizer, it will only add benefit up to a point.

speaking of quality... point two...

2) When you buy fertilizer, after you pay for and accept it, the quality of the fertilizer will get set. If you have a better merchant skill you are more likely to get a better quality item. So all you prospective gardeners out there, find a merchant friend to do your purchasing for you, that's what merchants are for!
    Woah, TonyD's like Roadstrom on crack. - Andrew's Ghost

I mean, how hilarious isn't the thought of a guard who gets off on animalistic behavior? - Kalle

Comment

Knocking on doors

This is not an update per se. This is an informative tutorial for knocking on doors to virtual rooms. The code has existed since the beginning but is not well-known to all players.

knock on west door for Death

-IF- Death is in -HIS- room, he will hear it. Otherwise, it will go unheard.

Enjoy,
      ~StoryHost Death

Death@Ironclaw.Skotos.net
      Dragon Pieces

Originally posted by Plato
      Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Comment

Dedication/religion

In an effort to keep the world clean of piles, I have added a new feature to 2 major areas of the game world.

The feature:
        Dedicate object to religious object

In context:
        Dedicate my aureal to statue
        Dedicate my heart to statue

This is in conjunction with the two main religions of our time and can be done at the places of worship for these religions. my example uses the S'allumer chapel since it is well-known. those who know the place for Lutara will (hopefully) be able to catch on. In the chapel, the object you will dedicate to is the statue of Helloise.

This action is visible. Any words spoken are not as they are similar to prayers and will remain private: between the character and their gods.

If you dedicate an object, it will disappear and become gifted to the chosen religious figure.

If you dedicate yourself or a part of yourself, it will be known to the religious figure but (of course) will not disappear.

Enjoy and remember to pick up your trash,
        ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Comment

You can now shamble through doorways

I mean, how hilarious isn't the thought of a guard who gets off on animalistic behavior? - Kalle

Comment

After you are too injured to keep fighting, you *can't* go back into combat, until you are healed, at least a little bit.

If you are only healed a little, then it'll be really easy to knock you out of combat again, so fully uninjured fighters are better prepared for battle.

This counts even if you are just sparring. Of course, after being knocked out of combat you can still RP fighting or sparring. You just can't use the system for it.

Comment

Fishing has received some updates. More are to come. I am not going to list the mechanics completely but a few points.
              • The career/skill is worth more than any attribute although they still help.
              • Roundtimes between each attempt have been adjusted and take into account the tool used (or lack thereof).
              • Overall catch success has not changed but the number capable of being caught has.
              • More changes to this system are planned for the near future.
              • Fishing is not (has never been) intended as the ultimate form of earning money.
              ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

Armor penalty now has an effect. If you find yourself having trouble hitting, you're probably too weighed down by what you're wearing. Learn the armor skill to be able to wear armor without it affecting combat.
                Mea squints at you, "For a magical nudist he sure is carrying lots of pie."

Comment

Some more bug fixes for combat. Now when you get knocked out of sparring you can't just jump back into the fight until you've healed first.

Healing takes time depending how much past your limit you've been hit. Healers can't (yet) speed up how long it takes to recover, but that code is coming.

Comment

Web pages and Player Portal

There is a new look for all the web pages and the player portal. Commentary, suggestions, criticisms are all welcome. You can reach me via death -AT- ironclaw.skotos.net or page me within the gameworld.

Thanks.
                    ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

Nino's Updates!

We have two small updates via Nino.

Emoting - the command now is simply :. Yep, : all by itself. No, you have to emote after it but it no longer requires a space(as it used to). Therefore, a valid example --

:touches the sky cus he so tall.
                      And we see --
                      Dude touches the sky cus he so tall.

----------------------------------------
                      Next is the help command. ?topic will now show you a popup window with the topic of your choosing, if it exists. (no space after ? is required anymore)

Examples: ?help, ?consent, ?combat, ?death, etc.
                      ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

my.skotos page

For premium players: The ironclaw forums should now be addable to your my.skotos page. The ironclaw who list should have already been addable.

(don't ask me what this even means, I'm not a premium player. I've just had questions about it)

Comment

Help Guides

Still working on several help guides/pages.

Currently, I added this page for @commands as well as @commands from within the game. The webpage lists the @commands and defines them. The InGame command simply lists all available @commands in a table format.

Have fun, see you soon.
                          ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

Scanning

The command "scan" has a new feature.

scan north
                            You can spot StoryHost Azrael, StoryGoddess Eos, StoryGuide Anna and a sly courier.

One pace in any direction, only people or NPCs are shown. Does nothing new if you scan an object or detail that is not an exit. Only one exit can be scanned, at a time, in this manner otherwise it appears as normal.

scan here and north
                            You scan a room and a narrow door.

Should only work through open exits, paths or doors. Closed doors or portals will not inform you of anything new.

As always, @bug an issues. Thanks.
                            ~StoryHost Death

Dragon Pieces

Comment

niggling bug fixed. Now when you sheath a weapon that you were wielding it makes you unwield the weapon.

Comment

Nino added the @uptime command - so you can see when the server was last restarted.

You can use this to see if you were cut off by the server going down, or if it was something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information