• Seargent Carrot of the Constabulary,
    • Church (needs to pick a rep),
    • Lord Marcus (Rinaldi rep),
    • Nurse Sable (Doloreaux rep),
    • Sir Kaine (Bisclavret rep),
    • Lady Emmaline (Avoirdupois rep),
    • Fyros of the Saints and Sinners guild,
    • Koz of the Martial games

If any further revisions to this list are required, please contact Fips Rose.

As of yet, no member of the Guild Council has responded with suitable dates and times, if this is the case in another few days, I will pick it.

We have the ability to influence the city for the better, lets use it

Leave a comment:

• Dasha di Silvi
    replied
    Koz represents Martial Games on the Council.

Leave a comment:

• Fips
    replied
    A member of the city has requested the Guild Council meet to discuss matters of trade and the city. As such I am sending out requests for representatives of the Guild Council to contact me to arrange a suitable date and time to meet.

As I understand it the current list of council members currently stands at:
    • Lord Mercutio the head of the Guild Council,
    • Sir Brumble of the Trading Company,
    • Sageeth of the Sailor's guild,
    • Esquire Clover lePlow of lePlow,
    • Master Fips Rose of the gardeners,
    • Doctor Hush Rose of the university,
    • Bruno of the blacksmiths,
    • Constable (needs to pick a rep),
    • Church (needs to pick a rep),
    • Lord Marcus (Rinaldi rep),
    • Lord Otto (Doloreaux rep),
    • Kaine (Bisclavret rep),
    • Emmaline (Avoirdupois rep),
    • Fyros of the Saints and Sinners guild,
    • Koz of the Martial games

If any revisions to this list are required, please contact Fips Rose

Items to be discussed at during the meeting:
    • New membership drive, including Miss Trinity's 'Pink Rose Guild' application
    • Revisions of the militia list (Tabled by Fips)
    • Use of the wooden pillories in the marketplace as a punishment

Further items are encouraged and welcomed, please send notice of such to Fips Rose

N.B. Last meeting the council has passed a resolution not to consider the topic of additional taxes again in the near future, and instead will be investigating other revenue streams to cover the costs of maintaining the city.

Recruitment
    If you feel your guild has sufficient reputation, please fill this form and send it to Fips Rose for consideration during the next meeting:

Name of Guild
    Number of active and passive members
    Specialization and services
    Additional information that may be useful
    Last edited by Fips; 06-11-2015, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mercutio
    replied
    The council's latest votes have been officially endorsed:
    - The Saints and Sinners guild has been inducted into the council
    - The CV guild has been removed from the council

Additionally, the council has passed a resolution not to consider the topic of additional taxes again in the near future, and instead will be investigating other revenue streams to cover the costs of maintaining the city.

Leave a comment:

• Mercutio
    replied
    [OOC: I've just had a real-life meeting booked over this time

I'll be able to make it for the first half hour, but will then have to dash off.

If the meeting is still continuing, I'll be able to return after about half an hour to an hour, depending on how long things take. Sorry!]

Leave a comment:

• Mercutio
    replied
    The Rinaldi would like to propose an additional vote for this meeting.

Accusations have been leveled against Mr Chesh, accusing him of being involved in a plot against Triskellian. As such, allowing him and the CV guild to remain on the council might be unwise.

The Rinaldi calls for a vote to remove the CV guild from the council. As this is a threat to the whole city, in addition to council guilds voting, all attending Great Houses and other guilds may cast a vote. This includes the Church and Constabulary.

Prior to the vote the council should discuss these accusations, anyone who wishes to speak for or against Mr Chesh should present their information, and the council as a whole will need to decide whether these accusations are unfounded and, if not, whether the CV guild should remain on the council.

Leave a comment:

• side effect
    replied
    I am dearly sorry for the unannounced cancelled meeting. It was unavoidable as I had to attend an emergency and was unable to make other arrangements.

The new meeting will be held the 22nd (may 22nd) at 10 late (10 pm eastern) at the palace meeting room.

I am pleased to announce that Lord Mercutio will be in attendance and the first half of the meeting will be a question and answer for him in regards to the guild council.

After that if there is time we will go over the following:

We will be voting on:

~Fyros's guild
    ~Voting on taxes. The Rinaldi propose that taxes are not needed and the general public is not happy with them. The vote will determine if taxes should even be discussed at this time or if we should focus on other topics.

Topics to be discussed:
    ~Fishing specifically littering and low price of fish
    ~Auction house and the merchant
    ~vandalize fines discussion in attendum to the east commons fire.

Councilwoman Dr Hush Rose, esq

Leave a comment:

• Mercutio
    replied
    The outcome of last week's meeting has been reviewed by the Don's Secretary.

The council has fully embraced the So you can Sew guild, to the point that the Don's secretary expressed interest. He has requested that a representative of So you can Sew sends a scroll introducing themselves and their guild. This will be passed along to the Don personally, as he is interested in any group that is likely to hold new social power in the city.

The CV and Martial games guilds were also inducted as new members of the Guild Council.

Despite only three votes being cast for these guild inductions, the Church and Rinaldi also had a representative present, making five guilds present. That meets the standard of at least 4 guilds being present for a vote to be valid. The Don thanks both Father Antos of the Church of S'Allumer, and Lord Marcus, the Rinaldi representative, for being present and helping provide the required numbers to allow the council to function.

On the topic of the trade embargo against the Doloreaux, the council has voted for the embargo to remain, and another vote to be taken in two months time. The Don affirms that the Sailor's guild is legally entitled to maintain this embargo, and that the Rinaldi and City of Triskellian support that right. The Don does caution that the Council must remain aware of political and trade implications while maintaining these sanctions.

Leave a comment:

• JoleneKilman
    replied
    What happened to this meeting yesterday? Was it rescheduled without letting anyone know or was it completed in twenty minutes? I showed up a bit late but just barely.

Leave a comment:

• side effect
    replied
    The next proposed meeting is the 16th (this friday) at 6pm eastern. Unless someone posts otherwise we will meet in the courthouse at this time.

We will be voting on:

~Fyros's guild
    ~Voting on taxes. The Rinaldi propose that taxes are not needed and the general public is not happy with them. The vote will determine if taxes should even be discussed at this time or if we should focus on other topics.

Topics to be discussed:
    ~Fishing
    ~Auction house

Councilwoman Dr Hush Rose, esq

Leave a comment:

• Mercutio
    replied
    The outcome of the latest Council Meeting has been reviewed by the Don, and I'm pleased to say that he has accepted the Council's vote, and suggested modifications, in passing a new decree regarding the city militia.

This meeting was held on the 27th of the 4th Month, in which two votes were held.

- Vote to authorize council members to conscript citizens - Passed with a chorus of "yes" votes, and one abstention. The council included papers recommending that this vote is tempered, and expressed as the right for council members to deputize citizens into the city militia. - The Don was pleased with this initiative, and has gladly authorized the Guild Council to manage and command a militia that will assist the Constabulary in their duties.

- Vote to criminalize disrespect towards council members - Much the same as disrespect towards nobility is a crime, Guild Council members are of high office and deserving of respect. The council, however, voted not to pass this recommendation to the Don at this time. The council may, of course, choose to vote on this topic again at a later time with a different result.

The Don expresses his delight at this recent activity of the Guild Council, welcomes their counsel in matters of governing the city, and wishes to commend Councilwoman Rose for organizing these recent meetings.

Leave a comment:

• Marcus(ICO)
    replied
    Proposal for Guild Tax

Proposal for Guild Tax

The purpose of the tax is to set aside funds that will be controlled by the Guild Council which can be used for city projects, including (but not limited to):
    • Repairs to streets, docks, buildings
    • Building rennovations
    • New construction projects such as parks and guild halls

(Note that these projects still have to be approved by the Don the same as any other guild vote.)

Who will be required to pay this tax?
    Roughly we discussed guilds over three months old will be asked to pay as well as the Rinaldi Embassy. Foreign embassies and the Church will be excluded. I would also propose that the Constabulary and Sailors Guild be excluded since they already do so much for the city keeping the streets safe and the docks running in an efficient manner.

How much will guilds be required to pay?
    I've been asked to collect numbers for various scenarios. Only ONE would be chosen.

Option 1:
    Tax based on member income would generate the following coin per tax cycle:
    1%: ~21d
    0.5%: ~10d

Pros: Smaller, barely noticeable tax that could generate funds over time.
    Cons: Would encourage guild leaders to pay their members less so they would be taxed less. Leaders who diligently pay their staff would be affected more than those who don't.

Option 2:
    Tax based on guild kitty would generate the following coin per tax cycle:
    1%: ~129d
    0.5%: ~64d

Pros: A quick way to earn larger funds for emergency situations and could be used on an "as needed" basis instead of a recurring tax. It would also encourage guild leaders to pay their members more.
    Cons: All guilds will be require to pay more at once and guilds that have amassed a fortune would feel it more than anyone.

The frequency of collection (tax cycle) would be determined by council vote.

This tax was originally proposed after the city suffered damaging attacks from the Jadelanders and forces of nature that were beyond our control. Many generous people did step up to volunteer their time and resources to help fix some of the damage and we will always be grateful for those individuals for their service. However the damage that was done was beyond what any one or two individuals could fix on their own. The docks and sewers are still in a very bad shape and rather than rely solely on the kindness of others, I have been searching for alternative ways to get these problems taken care of without continuously calling on the help of the same group of people who go above and beyond. If we all can share the burden of these problems together, we will see a more prosperous Triskellian and that is something we all will benefit from.

That being said, I think it's important for all guilds--not just those on the council--to have their input. The embassies will not vote--only those who will be affected by the proposed tax. So whether or not it will pass will depend on you, the guilds of Triskellian. Please let your voices be heard (all I ask is you do it in a respectable manner). You can contact me, a member of the council, or post your thoughts here. The main questions to be answered are:

Is this an idea even worth pursuing further (does it cause more problems than solutions)?

If so, which guilds should be required to pay? Who should be excluded and why?

How much should they be required to pay and how often?

This is only one idea as a solution to a problem. Alternative ideas are more than welcome. As long as we work together toward a collective goal, only good things can happen.

Lord Marcus di Rinaldi

Leave a comment:

• Ekalah
    replied
    I must admit some curiosity as to how mister Bruno represents the Blacksmiths when he is not a member of the Blacksmith's Guild. It might be more accurate to list him as a representative of his guild, which I believe to still be the Hands of St. Trahern.

In Service,
    Ekalah MacMullen
    Master of the Blacksmith's Guild

Leave a comment:

• side effect
    replied
    The next meeting will be the 10th of next month at 8pm (eastern) in the palace's guild council meeting room.

Topics to be voted on:

CV
    Martial Games
    So you think you can sew

Lifting embargo of the Doloreaux Trade

Weather the crime of setting the commons on fire should have a punishment set by the council. We purpose that if found guilty the guilds of the one's associated with the crime be responsible for paying a fine. If this is passed we will also vote on if to make them pay a percent of the guild's total wealth, or a set price.

Next week's topics;

ways to make punishments more effective

discussing what rate to set a proposed tax. Lord Marcus will be presenting numbers provided by the guild administrators.

The rates discussed so far are .5% taken once a week and 1% taken daily.

discussed also was that every member in the guild be taxed to the guild.

exempt proposals from taxes are the Doloreaux, Bisclavret, Avoirdupois embassies, constables, church, and new guilds up to two months old, and inactive guilds.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainUnaMoon
    replied
    *a small notice has been pinned underneath*

It is called the So We Can Sew guild if we are being politically correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X