Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoirdupois Steel Smith, Incudine

Greetings Triskllians!

I've been in town for over a month now and not a single order or question, so I bet you dont know I'm here and eager to work!

I am a master smith. I can make any weapon, and any sword in the manual. So if you need something, metal or leather, or a new weapon, just write to me and let me know! I'm going to .. make a copy of my manual, my book, below, so you can thumb through and decide what you might want for yerself and write to me. Prices completely depend on what you order and such, but I am very reasonable.

Things i need to know:
    What kind of material, (iron, steel, bronze, etc)
    Color, in the case of leather,
    Any engravings you might want.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Incudine, Steelsmith of the Avordupois.

CORE LEATHER ARMORS (Vitals)

Torso:

A leather cuirass. A cuirass is a piece of armor formed of a single or multiple pieces of metal or other rigid material, which covers the front of the wearer's person. In a suit of armor this important piece was generally connected to a back piece and cuirass could refer to the complete torso-protecting armor.

A leather breastplate. A breastplate is a device worn over the torso to protect it from injury, as an item of religious significance, or as an item of status. A breastplate is sometimes worn by mythological beings as a distinctive item of clothing. The breastplate is the front portion of armour covering the torso.

A leather body harness. A protective covering for the shoulders, chest, waist, and back. It is comprised of rectangular leather lammelae laced in horizontal rows.

A leather lorica. A small breastplate that protects the sternum and the ribs and attaches around the neck.

A leather heavy gorget. Originally designed for blunt weapons combat, the mantle of this neck piece is composed of thick leather, and is riveted to the curved upper collar which is crafted from hardened material and serves to help deflect attacks away from the throat. (THIS ITEM INTERFERES WITH PROPER CHEST PROTECTION USAGE)

Groin:

A leather chastity belt. A chastity belt is a locking item of clothing designed to prevent sexual intercourse. They may be used to protect the wearer from force or temptation. Some devices have been designed with additional features to prevent masturbation. Chastity belts have been created for males and females, ostensibly for the purpose of chastity.

A leather codpiece. It is a flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's pants to provide covering for the genitals. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods.

Neck:
    A leather gorget. Full circumference neck protection which laces in the back where it overlaps itself. It comes available with straps to which pauldrons or spaulders can be attached.

Extra:
    A leather rondel. This is a circular piece of hardened fabric used for protection, as a harness of armor, or attached to a helmet, breastplate, or gauntlet.

Comment

LEATHER ARMORS FOR LIMBS (Appendages)

HANDS, ARMS AND SHOULDERS:

A pair of leather gauntlets. They protect the backs of hands and the wrists, and are made of many smaller plates that allow flexibility of the fingers.

A pair of leather bracers. They are plates of material wrapped around the wrists, usually worn by archers or fencers for protection.

A pair of leather ailettes. Usually made from cuir bouilli (sometimes plate or parchment), ailettes are attached to the shoulders by means of silk or leather cord. They are usually flat and rectangular in shape, and normally decorated with heraldic designs.

A pair of leather spaulders. A part of an armor suit, they are hardened plates forged to protect the upper arms and shoulders. As these do not cover the arm holes when worn with a cuirass, the gaps may be defended by besagews or simply left bare, exposing the garments beneath.

A pair of leather pauldrons. Larger than spaulders, these are a component of armor made to cover the shoulders, armpits, and sometimes parts of the back and chest. Typically, pauldrons tend to consist of a single dome-shaped piece to cover the shoulder with multiple lames attached to defend the arm.

THIGHS, CALVES, FEET:

A pair of leather tassets. These are a piece of armor made to protect the upper legs. Either hanging from a breastplate or faulds, the leather plates can be forged from a single piece or segmented.

A pair of leather cuisses. It is a curved shield made to protect the thighs from a thrust from below. These typically cover chausses and may have a pair of poleyns directly attached to them.

A pair of leather greaves. It wraps the front sides of the lower legs for protection.

A pair of leather sabatons. These are riveted plates that are worn upon the feet and protect them from damage while allowing movement and flexibility.

Comment

LEATHER HELMETS

A leather helmet. It is a form of protective cloth gear worn on the head to prevent injuries, a variation of the hat.

A leather open-faced sallet. This open-faced helmet, also referred to as an Archer's Sallet, is common wear amongst crossbowmen and archers, as it allows for an unobstructed view of targets by providing a clear line of sight. It features a rounded skullcap, matching round brim, and includes an adjustable leather liner and chin strap.

A leather cervelliere. It is a round, close-fitting skull cap; this helmet was frequently worn beneath a great helm (heaume).

A leather morion. A morion is a type of open helmet with a crest or comb at the top designed to strengthen it, with a rim circling the lower edge.

A leather great bascinet. A development from the pig-faced or hound skull bascinets which are shorter, it features aventail protection for the throat and neck and combines a rounded skullcap and rounded nose design. The face is protected by a hinged visor pierced with numerous holes for sight and ventilation. It comes complete with an adjustable chin strap to better fit the helmet to the head.

Comment

DEFENSIVE SCORING: (the Inkscore)

This section is a detailed description of sizing, defensive thickness, weights and flexibility. It is here you should determine what you think you can handle for such variables and your own skill.

(ooc note: Take your armor skill, if it is 5(5) the total value you can wear without a penalty to your rolls is 5+5 = 10. Armors have a penalty equal to their armor rating bonus. So if you have 15 armor skill (combined values) then you can wear armors with a sum of 15, without penalty. This is viewed in game as a defensive value. So you can order by saying, 'I need some armor.. perhaps about a total Ink score of 12 .. any more than that and i may be tripping over myself.' Its meant to simplify ordering armor in character. Similar to saying 'I need a size 10 shoe.')

Arms
          Ailettes - 1
          Bracers - 1
          Gauntlets - 1
          Pauldrons - 2
          Spaulders - 1

Component Pieces:
          Rondel - 1

Head:
          Cervelliere - 2
          Great Bascinet - 2
          Helmet - 2
          Morion - 2
          Open-faced Sallet - 2

Legs:
          Chastity Belt - 2
          Codpiece - 1
          Cuisses - 1
          Greaves - 2
          Sabatons - 1
          Tassets - 2

Neck:
          Gorget - 1
          Heavy Gorget - 2 (will prevent TORSO armors from fitting properly)

Torso:
          Bases - 3
          Breastplate - 3
          Body Harness - 2
          Cuirass - 3
          Lorica - 2

Comment

Core Metal Armors (Vitals)
            fauld. It is a piece of plate armor, designed to be worn below a breastplate for the protection of the waist and hips. Taking the form of bands of metal surrounding both legs, potentially surrounding the entire hips, this form is similar to that of a skirt.

bevor. A piece of armor designed to protect the neck, much like a gorget. It is comprised of multiple articulated lames around the neck and chin, and is typically worn in conjunction with a sallet or a burgonet in a form known as a falling buffe. It combines with other pieces to provide protection for the whole of the head and neck.

A chastity belt is a locking item of clothing designed to prevent sexual intercourse. They may be used to protect the wearer from force or temptation. Some devices have been designed with additional features to prevent masturbation. Chastity belts have been created for males and females, ostensibly for the purpose of chastity.

codpiece. It is a flap or pouch that attaches to the front of the crotch of men's pants to provide covering for the genitals. It was held closed by string ties, buttons, or other methods.

Gorget: A cover for the neck, shoulders, clavicles, and sternum, the top attaches directly to the base of a helmet while the bottom fastens to a breastplate or cuirass.

pauldrons. Larger than spaulders, these are a component of plate armor made to cover the shoulders, armpits, and sometimes parts of the back and chest. Typically, pauldrons tend to consist of a single dome-shaped piece to cover the shoulder with multiple lames attached to defend the arm.

spaulders. A part of plate armor, they are armored plates forged to protect the upper arms and shoulders. As these do not cover the arm holes when worn with a cuirass, the gaps may be defended by besagews or simply left bare, exposing the mail beneath.

culet. A piece of plate armor consisting of small, horizontal lames that protect the small of the back or the buttocks.

breastplate. A breastplate is a device worn over the torso to protect it from injury, as an item of religious significance, or as an item of status. A breastplate is sometimes worn by mythological beings as a distinctive item of clothing. The breastplate is the front portion of plate armour covering the torso.

besagews. They are circular defenses used to protect the under arms, the armpits particularly, as part of a harness of plate armor. (pauldrons come with these)

cuirass. A cuirass is a piece of armor formed of a single or multiple pieces of metal or other rigid material, which covers the front of the wearer's person. In a suit of armor this important piece was generally connected to a back piece and cuirass could refer to the complete torso-protecting armor.

lorica. A small breastplate that protects the sternum and the ribs and attaches around the neck.

Page 7: Limb Metal Armors (Appendages)
            bronze bases. This is plate armor for the upper legs, in imitation of the shape and style of cloth bases. It is worn for dismounted combat. There is a detachable rear piece for the metal bases to allow the man-at-arms to sit on a destrier, or any other lizard, although even without the rear piece it must have been rather difficult to mount and dismount when wearing plate armor bases.

vambraces. It consists of two lower cannons on the forearms, it is usually connected to the upper cannon, protection for the upper arm, by couters at the elbow.

rerebraces. It consists of two upper cannons on the upper arms, it is usually connected to the lower cannon, protection for the forearms, by couters at the elbow.

These are a piece of plate armor made to protect the upper legs. Either hanging from a breastplate or faulds, the plates can be forged from a single piece or segmented.

cuisses. It is a curved shield made to protect the thighs from a thrust from below. These typically cover chausses and may have a pair of poleyns directly attached to them.

couters. They are a component in a piece of plate armor, they are used in defense of the elbows. They are forged into an articulate joint.

gauntlets. They protect the backs of hands and the wrists, and are made of many smaller plates that allow flexibility of the fingers.

sabatons. These are riveted plates that are worn upon the feet and protect them from damage while allowing movement and flexibility.

greaves. It wraps the front sides of the lower legs for protection.

schynbalds. These are metal plates strapped over chausses, each schynbald is a single piece of metal that covers the front and outside of the shin. They do not enclose the lower leg: hence, they are not true greaves.

Page 8: Metal Helmets
            heaume. It is a flat-topped, cylindrical helmet that completely covers the head and has small openings for the eyes and mouth.

armet. This helmet was one of the first to completely enclose the head whilst being light enough to move with the wearer. A typical armet consisted of four pieces: the skull, two hinged cheek pieces that lock at the front, and the visor. There was a multi-part reinforcement for the bottom half of the face, known as a wrapper, which was sometimes added, and its straps attached to a metal disk at the base of the skull piece called a rondel.

Page 9: Ink's Defensive Scoring (metals)
            Arms:
            Vambraces: 2 lower arms
            Rerebraces: 2 upper arms
            Gauntlets: 2 Hands
            Couters: 1 Elbows
            Poleyns: 1 Knees
            Bracers: 2 Forearms

Legs:
            Bases: 4 (hips)
            Tassets: 3 (hips)
            Fauld: 3 (hips)
            Cuisses: 2(thighs)
            Sabatons: 3 (feet)
            Greaves: 3 (shins)
            Schynbalds: 2 (shins)

Core:
            Bevor: 2 (neck)
            Gorget: 2(Neck)
            Chastity Belt: 3 (Naughty bits)
            Codpiece: 2 (naughty bits)
            Culet: 2 (Butt,lowerback)
            Breastplate: 5 (chest)
            Pauldrons: 3 Shoulders
            Spaulders: 2 Shoulders
            Besagews: 1 (part of pauldrons, fit with spaulders)
            Cuirass: 5 (chest)
            Lorica: 4 (chest)

Head:
            Heaume: 4 (head)
            Armet: 3

Comment

(ooc note: Just in case i wasnt clear, the numbers by the armor pieces is how much armor skill it takes to wear that. So something that has 3, offers 3 armor in defense, and will block 3 damage when the system says that item blocks a hit.)

Comment

*retacked to an open spot*

Comment

Weaponry Added

Spears:
                  broad-bladed spear
                  craoiseach spear
                  gae bolga spear
                  harpoon
                  hewing spear
                  javelin
                  leaf-bladed spear

Maces:

aspergillum
                  flanged mace
                  maul
                  warhammer

Axes:
                  double-bladed battle axe
                  francisca
                  lochaber axe
                  single-bladed battle axe

Swords: (style)
                  (if it has a questionmark, i'm not sure of the style it uses. I'll happily take corrections from experienced swordsmen.)
                  arming sword (sword)
                  backsword (sword)
                  blunt sword (sword)
                  claymore (sword)
                  cutlass (fencing)
                  estoc (fencing)
                  foil (fencing)
                  longsword (sword)
                  rapier (fencing)
                  sabre (fencing)
                  scimitar (sword?)
                  short sword (sword)
                  side-sword (fencing)
                  smallsword (sword?)
                  zweihander (sword)

Daggers:
                  Dirk
                  ear dagger
                  gauche blade
                  kris
                  misericorde
                  poniard
                  rondel
                  swordbreaker
                  trident dagger

Bows: (material)

Short Bow (wood only)
                  Long Bow (Wood only)
                  WAR BOW (Metal and Bone) **AVOIRDUPOIS EXCLUSIVE RIGHT**

I can also create arrowheads out of metal, arrow shafts and bolts out of wood, for the bows.
                  QUIVERS ARE CRAFTED BY LOCAL TAILORS.

(ooc: and yes, before anyone starts ranting, research it first. Metal bows, were used in this era too. Not as commonly due to cost, but they had their uses and strengths. Construction was slightly different too. They were made from steel as early as 1549, and more common metals before that. They were also popular for mounted archer units, short draw, high power, less distance and speed. )

As usual, the cost of the weapon is determined by supplied materials, what i have to supply for you, and the intricacy of the work in engravings or special requests.
                  A baseline to use, is iron, which I charge 4 denarii per foot of material to use. A whole sword, takes about 5 feet of iron to work and shape into the correct way. So the total for a basic sword, would be twenty denarii. (ooc: that's a profit of times 4, since the material costs 1 denarii per foot.) Iron is cheap and common, but will get the job done. Most basic weapons are charged in this way. Bows are not, it will depend entirely on the wood, lacquers or any other thing for cost. The Warbow by the Avo will be determined as a base price of 100, plus the cost of materials, engravings, and special requests.

If you have any questions, please forward them to me.

Comment

One more thing.

I can make any Blacksmithing item as well. These include tools and other useful things, but usually fairly uncommon to need. They also include building materials made of metal.
                    arrowheads
                    ash tray
                    basin
                    beads
                    bone lever
                    bowl
                    branding iron
                    brazier
                    buckles
                    button
                    candelabra
                    candelabra-altar
                    candelabra-floor
                    chalice
                    chamber-pot
                    chatelaine
                    chisels
                    comb
                    cultivator
                    die
                    drawknife
                    file
                    fire brush
                    fire guard
                    fire poker
                    fire shovel
                    fire tongs
                    flask
                    flower
                    forceps
                    fork
                    froe
                    frying pan
                    garden rake
                    gimlet
                    goblet
                    gun rack
                    hairbrush
                    hairpin
                    hatpin
                    hedge shears
                    hook-blunt
                    hook-sharp
                    horseshoe
                    horseshoes
                    jeweler polisher
                    metal locker
                    mortar
                    nail
                    needle
                    pea whistle
                    pestle
                    pitcher
                    pitchfork
                    plate
                    probe-spatula
                    push hoe
                    saw
                    scalpel
                    scissors
                    scissors-surgical
                    sconce
                    serving tray
                    spade
                    spittoon
                    spoon
                    stock pot
                    tailoring pin
                    tea-kettle
                    transplanting trowel
                    trephine
                    trophy (these are great to make for competitions with special engravings or designs, like a trophy of a small golden man holding aloft a sword)
                    tweezers
                    vase
                    vise
                    watering can
                    wheelbarrow

Not my favorite things to make, but i will happily fill any need.

Comment

Working...
                    X