A.s.p.c.a.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.s.p.c.a.

I was exploring the town (and occasionally getting trapped) this evening, and I came upon the ASPCA, which I remembered from my previous incarnation in LC. There were five or six animals waiting to be adopted, but the system is currently designed to require the intervention of an NPC (not present) or a CNPC (not present, and apparently not coded). Rather than attempt to recruit a VP or a staffer to man/woman the ASPCA, I suggest one of the two following solutions:

1) Animals coded as pets that are wandering around without their owners having logged on for more than a week (it should be easy to set up a timer) are automatically transferred to the holding pen at the ASPCA. PCs who want to adopt a pet simply have to enter the ASPCA and use the command "@adopt <name of animal>" and the system will clear the owner information from the animal's code. The new owner will be prompted to enter a new name for the pet, after which the pet is assigned to the new owner under the new name, just as if the animal were bought at the pet store. This system would be good for RPing the adoption process, and would also allow a previous owner to reclaim a pet. The system would simply allow the previous owner to take the pet home without going through the @adopt sequence.

2) Animals coded as pets that are wandering around without their owners logging on for more than a week (again, it should be easy to set up a timer) are automatically flagged as being up for a less formal adoption (as in, "taking in a stray"). Again, the would-be owner uses the "@adopt <name>" command, and if the animal is indeed an abandoned pet, the same rename/transfer goes into effect and the abandoned pet (shame on the previous owner!) has a new, hopefully forever home.

Either one of the two systems above (especially the second) should cut down on the number of strays winding up in bizarre and out-of-the-way places (Harvest wound up, by unlucky chance, in a dungeon, and there were any number of stray pets in there). And it would be nice to have an opportunity for some compassion to seep into the witch-haunted streets of Arkham.

Harvest
Working...
X