Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Reboots: Marrach, Lazarus, Lovecraft, Auth Server on Thursday, Friday [Complete]

On Thursday morning at 11am PT, I will be taking down the following games to upgrade them:
  • Castle Marrach
  • Lazarus Sleeping
  • Lovecraft Country
Then, on Friday morning at 11am PT I will be taking down our authentication machine:
  • User Database
Apologies for the short notice, but it's in response to a security bulletin related to the virtual machine software that these games and servers are on. We've already upgraded the rest of our machines to a new virtual machine which has thus far been less prone to security problems, and we're taking the opportunity to update these final machines in advance of a forced reboot over the weekend.

Each upgrade timeframe is expected to be an hour or less. I expect to be able to do memory upgrades for these machines at the same time.

Edit: Thursday morning upgrades for Lazarus, Lovecraft, and Marrach are now complete. The machines have also been upgraded from 2G of memory to 4G.

Edit: Friday morning upgrade now done as well, complete with upgrade of user authentication machine.

Shannon
2 of 2 < >

All SkotOS Maps Updated; Please Report Bugs

In the last several days I've updated the way that all the game maps are stored for Ironclaw, Lazarus, Lovecraft, and Marrach, to make it possible for our admins and GMs to add new maps and map fragments to our games. Everything is working from my browsing, but I've heard a few reports of missing maps in Marrach (which may or may not have predated the update).

If any maps seem to have gone missing in those four SkotOS games, please let me know. If you see a broken map or map fragment where the image isn't showing up:

1. Open the image in a new tab (usually by right-clicking and choosing this option from a menu)
2. Copy the URL of the image from the URL bar
3. Email that URL to me at shannona@skotos.net
See more
See less

Chalice of Repose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalice of Repose

Some of you may notice that the Chalice of Repose has been moved. The major reason for this was to prevent new players from accidentally interacting with it. Since it is a fairly major Mythos item, it is being given its own display within the Museum. While this display is still being worked on, the Chalice can be accessible should anyone wish to look at it.
    -StoryHost Xios

This explains why I had a hard time finding it. Thanks!
    value point distribution

Comment

sign post

its really good to know me! Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this thanks. love this way!

Comment

Working...
      X