Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond ye Mythos

From Leslie Klinger:
    I'm very pleased to hear from my publisher Liveright/Norton that New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft os doing very well--so well that they'd like me to do a second volume, tentatively titled NEW ANNOTATED H. P. LOVECRAFT: BEYOND THE MYTHOS. Although the first volume contained 22 stories, we omitted a number of great tales simply to avoid making the book too expensive. As a result, terrific stories like "The Outsider," "The Rats in the Walls," "The Music of Erich Zann," "The Shunned House," and the novel The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath had to be left out of volume 1. The second volume will have another 23 stories, including some little-known gems like "Ex Oblivione" as well as all of his other famous tales. . . . I'll also be working with my friend S. T. Josho to use the most accurate text possible, based on his brilliant Variorum edition."

Ye tales selected include:
    The Tomb
    Polaris
    Transition of Juan Romero
    The Doom that Came to Sarnath
    Ex Oblivione
    The Terrible Old Man
    Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family
    The Cats of Ulthar
    Celephais
    The Temple
    The Outsider
    The Other Gods
    The Music of Erich Zann
    The Quest of Iranon
    The Lurking Fear
    The Rats in the Walls
    The Shunned House
    The Horror at Red Hook
    He
    Cool Air
    The Strange High House in the Mist
    Pickman's Model
    The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

I so enjoy'd ye first volume, with its handsome layout and gobs of photos and illustrations, that I am all a-tremble about this forthcoming second volume. It always feels like a bit of a victory when a new major edition of Lovecraft's fiction is announc'd, because HPL's detractors and critics have been rather loud these past two years. These critics seem obsess'd with Lovecraft's racism to ye point where they are blind to his many admirable aspects, and they insist on claiming that Lovecraft was such a bad writer. I agree with S. T. that Lovecraft was an excellent writer, and it is cool to see HPL's book sales continue at a lively world-wide pace. This new volume will probably not see publication until late 2017 or early 2018. In ye meantime, Lovecraft's ANNOTATED FUNGI FROM FUNGI, another exciting illustrated edition, is soon forthcoming. 'Tis a good time to be an obsess'd Lovecraft fan-boy, aye.
    "I'm a little girl."
    --H. P. Lovecraft, Esq.
Working...
X