Old characters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old characters?

From time to time I've heard names of characters that don't play anymore, and I am curious. Your task? Name a character or two that you don't see anymore that you miss and tell us what was so special about that character.

I'm too new to have one of my own, but give me a while, and maybe I'll be able to post in my own thread.

Silas. Because he was Silas. And He and Evan and Ollie made a good trio. And because I think he was one of the first friends Ollie made in the game 3 years and 4 months ago when I started.

But there are many other characters I miss.
    E's for the Evil that lures and entices;
    F is for Fear and its many devices;

Comment

Kate (Kathryn) Caldwell was Phin's absolute best friend and so very much fun to play with. She was a very deep character (haha, Phin's opposite, really) and so believable.

The famous (or is it infamous?) Thomas King, for multiple and various reasons. I miss Slim!

As for you other MIA chars that I miss dreadfully and want back, you know who you are.

StoryBuilder Dakini dubs Phineas Lee the Snotty Bitch of Arkham. Sparkles land on Phineas Lee's head.
      "If one has no vanity in this life of ours, there is no sufficient reason for living." -Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Alex Sanders. He was the best cowboy in Arkham and founder of the very brief Beta Alpha Delta fraternity (B.A.D.).

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Davis View Post
          Alex Sanders. He was the best cowboy in Arkham and founder of the very brief Beta Alpha Delta fraternity (B.A.D.).
          hahahaha! \o/

I'd forgotten about that!
          StoryBuilder Dakini dubs Phineas Lee the Snotty Bitch of Arkham. Sparkles land on Phineas Lee's head.
          "If one has no vanity in this life of ours, there is no sufficient reason for living." -Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Albert Zero: He always reminded me of Caramon from the Dragonlance series. Big muscles, big heart, and always looked out for ht eones he loved. No quite the brightest, but if he ever yelled 'KAI!' You knew you were in trouble.

The first to get injured by Pyra's hair, too!

Abigail, Blaze, and Miko. Aside from the thing that made these three split from the game, they were so fantastic to play with. Abby for her import of values and resepct on Arkham, Blaze for his particular.. diction. Though it was really more her own language. And Miko as the perfect foil for Blaze. Ah..
            Pyra Wildflower

Comment

Ardesco Calor. She was hilarious and green <3 I particularly liked the way she made new characters feel welcome and wanted.

Hey Phinny, talk about Jimmy.

Comment

Blaze Newnam. I remember Blaze quite fondly. One of my favorite exchanges involved Blaze and Natalie Anne Ports. In a nutshell: Every evening around the same time (before her player logged off for the night), Blaze would walk around town. Her evening constitutional, she called it. Oliver comments to Natalie that people take constitutionals to help them digest and go to the bathroom. So of course Natalie yells at Blaze as she's passing "Oliver says you're trying to poop." And that pretty much sums up Oliver and Natalie's relationship and was not at all what this story was to be about.
                E's for the Evil that lures and entices;
                F is for Fear and its many devices;

Comment

I miss Philippe.

Philippe was Arthur's first partner in crime, many an evening was spent discussing philosophy, women and being proper.

Philippe was great as he was so very French which may have made him disliked by some.

Also Philippe was a staunch skeptic which is the exact opposite of Arthur, some great scenes were had with this.

Arthur P. Smith

Comment

I was Phillipe's player but he grew boring and stagnent, too much of a stereotype. Stuck in somewhat of a rut. When I decided to come back I almost changed my mind for want of not playing him so I created Carlyle instead. Nice to see you're still here, by the way
                    What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
                      I was Phillipe's player but he grew boring and stagnent, too much of a stereotype. Stuck in somewhat of a rut. When I decided to come back I almost changed my mind for want of not playing him so I created Carlyle instead. Nice to see you're still here, by the way
                      That's great, welcome back

I have already heard good things about your new character, can't wait to meet him.

Arthur P. Smith

Comment

Players I miss in no particular order,

King- Always took John as he is and was a great friend to this game. A real big help when I first started

Demitri- Even though hes been back recently but is alas gone again. Loved pissing his character off and the conflicts were some of the best RP ever.

Sally- The looniest character on the face of the planet. Loved her to death

Zero- All round good bloke. The kind of character you could rely on

Mirage- Johns first love. I liked the Scooby doo way we would try and find out whats going on. but to no avail usually. And she was a big help showing me how to play

Prince- Good character. Had a laugh being both Johns second enemy for a while and diagnosing him as a closet homosexual (not that theres any thing wrong with that)

Hal- What happened to that guy?

Williams- You remember! That emo guy!

Ethan- John ruined his love life by being hit on by his girlfriend and telling him...bastard that he is!

Whitby!- Havent seen her for a bit

Cartwright (or was it Cartright. Cant remember the spelling)- good coach

Oh! Ethans sister what ever her name was- Good victim!

Blaze- she was cool. Showed me that I can doff my hat

Kathryn Caldwell- was also cool and a great character. Also helped me out in the early days

The Gibbons family in general- Mainly Frank. He gave John his first occult lesson. First lesson John had in anything actually.

Mike D- First one to actually supply John with grog when I had to roll play that John was a drunk

And last but not least our old wheel chair bound dean. He rocked. Loved when he sniffed John at the Gibbons wedding. Classic

Im sure I have missed a stack of good players and characters but I swear I miss them all from one time or another
                        So fill up your glass,
                        for life will soon pass
                        When your dead ye'll ne'er drink to your king or your lass!
                        Lovecraft, The tomb

Comment

Has anyone seen Bertha recently?
                          I miss your cheese, Miss Banks!
                          And your stories about monkeys, and popcorn vendors...
                          ~

Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                          There is no such thing as darkness... Only a lack of light.

Comment

I miss Bertha too! I still hold her cheese coloured yak fur scarf as one of Johns most detested gifts. Yet one of my personal faves
                            So fill up your glass,
                            for life will soon pass
                            When your dead ye'll ne'er drink to your king or your lass!
                            Lovecraft, The tomb

Comment

I just realized:

Vance Thane and Maripooooooosia Angelo!
                              Pyra Wildflower

Comment

Working...
                              X