Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Old characters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsend View Post
    I miss Bertha too! I still hold her cheese coloured yak fur scarf as one of Johns most detested gifts. Yet one of my personal faves
    lol, I think Phillipe had one with the adjective ugly.
    What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others.

Comment

James Prince - who was just as likely to bite your ankle or stab you in the eye as he was to shake your hand or give you a compliment. He looked just as normal in his Kappa cufflinks and his tux as he did in his renowned white suit, complete with turban. I think what I always found most amusing about Jimmy was how every guy in town thought he was in the closet while at the same time almost every girl chased him. Haha! Oh yeah..and his ability to get Phin into various kinds of trouble. I miss that terribly.

Demitri Esquire - I absolutely adore Demitri. Everything about him. Everything. Any character that continues to entertain me for -years- deserves applause. \o/

Tiffany Quatermaine - The other of Phin's old school best friends, who just can't understand her devotion to Demi. The fights they used to get into over him! Tiffy was awesome on so many levels - y'all who don't know her would love her.

Prudence Page - Where'd she go? She left without even a kisskiss, darlings!

Mona Smith - Ah, Moaner.

Officer Ray Stuckey - Stuckers back in the day was so great. He was the biggest jerk...unless you were female...and he was the perfect Arkham cop. (Brian Allanon was pretty good, too.)

The Dean! Wilcox! - The best time I remember offhand was when he got -really- mad in the cafe and started hitting things. Pretty spry for an old man sometimes. I think that was the day that Quinnie got popped in the nose? Which brings me to -

Tarquin (Quinnie) Lanceaux - For those of you who didn't know him, I can't even begin to explain, though that night he got popped in the nose he was frantic that it might not heal straight. He was the first one to tell Phin about the..uh...quirks of Arkham, too.

Merilee Dupree - One of the (if not the first, then close to it) victims. She was ditzy and cute in her own way, which is probably why she and Phin were pretty good pals for awhile.

Michael D'Calabraiz - Nobody fights with Phin the way he does.
      StoryBuilder Dakini dubs Phineas Lee the Snotty Bitch of Arkham. Sparkles land on Phineas Lee's head.
      "If one has no vanity in this life of ours, there is no sufficient reason for living." -Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Stop it Phin! I swear I will cry! I wish we could have every last character here that ever left. I enjoyed interacting with them all. (Why do I sound like Im speaking at a funeral?) These players all contributed to this game in there own way. Even if it was just a small reference in game like " You think thats bad? You should have seen X when X revealed that X had his/her X. It all builds a history for the gaming environment.........But I still miss them all
        So fill up your glass,
        for life will soon pass
        When your dead ye'll ne'er drink to your king or your lass!
        Lovecraft, The tomb

Comment

Oh my god Kate Caldwell was Demitri's first "pet"... I have a feeling her player is still around though, no? She was great, nonetheless. Gotta miss Tiff, too. Whoever that dude who was around for about a week in 07 until I murdered him in the parking lot, miss that guy.

I forget the name of the magical Asian girl with the tattoos but she was a favorite of mine, as was the original chief of police, who's name also escapes me. All the Mona's have been great, but I do miss the original. Also Frank Gibbons and the first Halsey character! Really, any character Willow or Yaoi played :]

Theres way too many to mention, but all the regulars from alpha... love you guys!!

My wandering days are over.

Comment

I miss all those mentioned. Especially that King fella.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever come back to playing full time. To busy with the Little Baby King
            Her name is Sedona.

I would love to come back sometime and finish the King story in a proper way, but I don't have a good idea for it yet.

So anyway, just saying hello, and that someday, King will pop in for a nice goodbye to Arkham.
            --Thomas King--Lucius--
            "Well I Ain't Evil, I'm Just Good Lookin' "
            Alice Cooper
            "This Is Beetle, Is As Bad As Can"
            Beetlejuice
            "It takes guts to run away, you know. Lots of people would be as cowardly as me if they were brave enough"
            Rincewind

Comment

Congrats on the bub dude! Cute as a button. You will find fatherhood the most rewarding thing ever.
              It would be great to see King out and about on the streets of Arkham again. Maybe he could pop back for John and Summers wedding?
              So fill up your glass,
              for life will soon pass
              When your dead ye'll ne'er drink to your king or your lass!
              Lovecraft, The tomb

Comment

She is absolutely adorable. Congratulations

Summer Frost

Comment

Squeeee!!!!!

I demand more pictures >.>

Give her much loves.

Comment

Best picture you've ever posted, King. She looks like an absolute delight.

Best wishes, and congratulations to you and yours!

(Hope to see you in game soon!)
                    Pyra Wildflower

Comment

Crying. Reading this thread and crying.

My wandering days are over.

Comment

I'm reading this thread and seriously starting to jones for some Arkham. Seriously. (And maybe a little weepy, too.)

Now...will I be able to make the time to play? Hmm...

Also, why hasn't anyone added anybody new to this? Is there really a lack of missed characters in this town? I was hoping to read about kids I didn't get to play with. *pout*

Comment

Okay. Now that I remember what my actual log in stuff was - *eyeshift* - I have to post again. In my defense it's been almost two years!

However - these posts are old. Somebody add to them please.
                          StoryBuilder Dakini dubs Phineas Lee the Snotty Bitch of Arkham. Sparkles land on Phineas Lee's head.
                          "If one has no vanity in this life of ours, there is no sufficient reason for living." -Leo Tolstoy

Comment

I think all these people are still missing, Phin.
                            Seen Demitri skulking around occasionally, so fingers crossed!
                            But no Mike, or Oliver, or King, or Prince... Or anything of the other oldies!
                            Miss you all so, so, so much.
                            We need to seriously recapture some people from RL and drag them back.
                            They'll like it once they're back, I'm sure.
                            ~

Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                            There is no such thing as darkness... Only a lack of light.

Comment

Rayne! You're still here! Whee!

I might be able to help with some dragging, but no promises. However, Phin will be around soon - I broke down and reinstated my account yesterday.

I can't wait to see what has happened to Arkham since I last 'visited'!

Comment

I'm not sure what you're talking about, nothing ever happens in Arkham. Everyone knows that.
                                ~

Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                                There is no such thing as darkness... Only a lack of light.

Comment

Working...
                                X